I was out snooping in my neighbors backyard...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A neighbor of mine went away for a couple days and I agreed to build fires in his small house for him so stuff wouldn't freeze. He's got a small stove that works well, but no damper on the pipe. I gave him a ride to town the other day and mentioned the lack of damper. He said the stove manufacturer said no damper was needed. I suggested a lot of heat was passing up the pipe, and he was burning a lot more wood than if he put on a damper. He didn't seem impressed at my reasoning, preferring to rely on the manufacturers suggesstion. Great neighbor, really friendly guy, but got this idea in his head. I suppose the polite, most neighborly thing to do is not bring it up again.
no matter how good of a neighbor he is "YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID OR BRAIN DEAD/DEAF"!!. lol

And noticed that some of the wood he had was stacked bark-down. What should I do?

Go up and knock on his door, talk to him for a little bit, and if you determine he has Alzheimer's, STEAL HIM BLIND! That's what Ironworker and Nathon (aka Francis) would do. Five minutes after you've got the truck all packed up heading down the road, the guy will forget you were ever there.

That's twice you have corrected me today. Good thing they took the dislike away, because I would have to dislike you. Nobody likes a know it all, or someone picking on the disabled. "stupid"
Here, I'll help ya out...:hi:
That would be a blue ribbon...:D
big-thumbs-down-smiley-emoticon.gif

Go up and knock on his door, talk to him for a little bit, and if you determine he has Alzheimer's, STEAL HIM BLIND! That's what Ironworker and Nathon (aka Francis) would do. Five minutes after you've got the truck all packed up heading down the road, the guy will forget you were ever there.
:rock::rock::rock::rock:
then you can go to Idahonative's house and give him some wood...I hear he doesn't discriminate...will take any and all kinds:innocent:

A neighbor of mine went away for a couple days and I agreed to build fires in his small house for him so stuff wouldn't freeze. He's got a small stove that works well, but no damper on the pipe. I gave him a ride to town the other day and mentioned the lack of damper. He said the stove manufacturer said no damper was needed. I suggested a lot of heat was passing up the pipe, and he was burning a lot more wood than if he put on a damper. He didn't seem impressed at my reasoning, preferring to rely on the manufacturers suggesstion. Great neighbor, really friendly guy, but got this idea in his head. I suppose the polite, most neighborly thing to do is not bring it up again.
Maybe he just understands how it operates better than you do. If it is a modern sealed stove a damper will do nothing to prevent heat loss up the flue, as the flow is controlled by the air inlet controls.

I was replying to your post and the last sentence in it as a "good neighbor with good advice for a damper" ... as I took it your last sentence was the subject of the post?
WTF?
I was replying to this...
"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID OR BRAIN DEAD/DEAF
im deaf...
your post was for someone else...im just an *******, pissing people off

Latest posts

Back