ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Ice fishing is almost here

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors!!!' started by motorhead99999, Nov 5, 2019.

1. motorhead99999

motorhead99999 ArboristSite Operative

who else is excited to winterize there boats and do some ice fishing. What do you target?

2. Lionsfan

Lionsfan ArboristSite Lurker

1* here this morning. I'll get my gear out today and get things ready to go. Last year I was out the last weekend of November, and it looks like this year it might happen too. Bluegills, bluegills and more bluegills!

3. motorhead99999

We had 10 here A lot of the small ponds are froze over now. Last year I got on just before Christmas. I’m gonna do a a lot of walleye fishing this winter. Actually did a lot of walleye fishing all year this year

4. Lionsfan

Lionsfan ArboristSite Lurker

I've certainly invested my share of time and money on walleye madness. However, I discovered last year that I'm getting older. I don't seem to have that need anymore for racing to my spot in the pre-dawn darkness fumbling around with frozen tip-ups. I don't miss toughing out those windy, snowy, frozen evenings because you just know they're gonna turn on during that magical ten minute window. I also don't miss that 8" lazer hand auger that I gave to a strapping young buck last winter, I really like that new 6" and I might even go down to a 5".

5. motorhead99999

I won a 6 inch pistol bit which is one for a screw gun and love it. Never use my Eskimo gas auger again