Id smoke any old school muscle car on here...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine civic runs low 13s n/a stock bottom end and a vtec head. I was just kidding about smoking muscle cars.... When i have the funds for a turbo setup that may change though.. High 11s are pretty dam quick. I hope to get into low 10s upper 9s one day.... And about the housing comments that feller del is a **** from the political forum...he is a bernie supporter, his comment was making fun of my mobile home. Nice cars by the way. Cars and chainsaws are about the best hobbys i have found.
My buddy builds a lot of super fast Honda’s. He likes the old crx hatchbacks. Last I knew he had three of them running between 500-800 hp I haven’t seen him in a while.

525hp, 7000lbs.

First time drag racing. I had it in the mid 13s by the next year, just from more experience.

[/QUOTE

Nice... I like diesels. Do u watch whistlindiesel or westen champlin on youtube? Pretty funny stuff based around diesels

My buddy builds a lot of super fast Honda’s. He likes the old crx hatchbacks. Last I knew he had three of them running between 500-800 hp I haven’t seen him in a while.

Hell yeah...most honda stock bottom ends will handle 4-500 horsepower all day long.. You can throw a ebay turbo on a stock civic and get it tuned and make 3-400hp easy and cheap. I like the k,b, and h series motors and stick em in a 90s chassis they are good cheap fun

Also waiting for a turbo, just a d series but she will be pretty stout..im a shadetree mech if u cant tell by the come a long on the tree for a hoist..lol

IMG_20180417_125019.jpg
IMG_20180422_070056.jpg

The price of engine in that car would buy a 797 hp hellcat . From what I saw and heard it's not old school . Chrysler never made and all aluminium hemi in the 60s or 70s. Believe it or not a 426 wedge was faster than the hemi . Lighter motor same hp. Some of the mouse motors made the same hp as the big blocks and were way lighter .

And oh yeah i like crx's, never had one but plan to build one in future.

And for you domestic guys the ls motors are a beast. They honestly cant be beat on making power. Id like to ls swap something one day.

Hell yeah...most honda stock bottom ends will handle 4-500 horsepower all day long.. You can throw a ebay turbo on a stock civic and get it tuned and make 3-400hp easy and cheap. I like the k,b, and h series motors and stick em in a 90s chassis they are good cheap fun

400hp and what for torque?

That truck had almost 200k miles on it and just had medium injectors and a 62/12 turbo.
Over 1000 ft/lbs torque at the wheels.

Have had a few "fun" cars over the years.
Eagle Talon Tsi
WRX with 2.5/2.0 hybrid
Fox body Mustang
Lotus Elise

Currently have a 2dr G35.

I never wanted to be that middle aged guy... So I sold my cars right after my son was born (94). 70 GTO ragtop and 2 68 cutlass ragtops and some other odd stuff. Now I'm just another old guy so maybe it's time to reevaluate. Maybe start with a stroker for the f150 Grampa truck.
img20191111_141743.jpg

That truck had almost 200k miles on it and just had medium injectors and a 62/12 turbo.

Eagle Talon Tsi
WRX with 2.5/2.0 hybrid
Fox body Mustang
Lotus Elise

Rough numbers but on a 500hp honda you are gonna have about 300-350ftlbs of torque but thats plenty...in a gutted sub 2000lb chassis....always wanted a turbo awd talon the 4g63 hold ungodly amounts of power.

I never wanted to be that middle aged guy... So I sold my cars right after my son was born (94). 70 GTO ragtop and 2 68 cutlass ragtops and some other odd stuff. Now I'm just another old guy so maybe it's time to reevaluate. Maybe start with a stroker for the f150 Grampa truck.
View attachment 805493

Ls swap it bro...

Eagle Talon Tsi
WRX with 2.5/2.0 hybrid
Fox body Mustang
Lotus Elise

And i havent stepped off into the rabbit hole of nissans yet

This thread is killing me.In 1984 I traded a stock 4wd 72' Blazer that jumped timing, for a hot rod 67' Merc. Cougar a friend had built. It had a 289/TRW 10.5 forged,large solid cam,Weiand single plane,600 Holley DP ,MSD,Dual point dizzy, long headers,9 qt. oilpan, Crager SS 15/8" w 60s in the back . But the best parts were the Top loader 4spd. scatter shield and a Hurst Ramrod shifter.I never lost a stoplight race and delighted in whooping a half dozen of the then new Fox body Mustang GTs. I remember looking at them stirring their 5 spd shifters while I pulled ahead while I banged 2nd and 3rd gear in an instant. Their race was lost before I hit 4th and the next stoplight or I just ran away until they quit. I also raced a pristine 67 Chevelle 396 SS conv. on a summer Sunday morning.I was stopped at a light in town when he rolled up. He revved his motor a few times as I admired his beautiful car w the top down as his wife messed w her bouffant hair in the visor mirror. When the light changed It was on.......I took the lead and kept it. I felt sorry for them cause all I had for exhaust was the long tube headers w cherry bombs bolted to them, no tailpipes.The roar of the engine had to hurt their ears as they were behind me all the way, again the inline shifter beat the H pattern. When they stopped beside me at the next light his wife was screaming and slapping him about the head as I tried not to laugh.I couldn't tell if she was mad because he raced me in town, the loud noise from my engine/exhaust or her hair getting messed up!! I drove it for 3 years and somehow never got a speeding ticket.Then I bought an almost new truck and needed cash. I pulled the drive train from the radiator to the rear end and sold the body for $600 . I stored the drive train for decades thinking one day I'd put it into an old Falcon,Fairlane,Comet or another Cougar etc.Time went by and I'm thinking if I ever resurrect the old beast It will cost a lot to find a decent old body,assemble, R&R and spend more money my wife wants to save etc. for my dream car. I also realized If I did get my hot rod on the road I'd just get a bunch of speeding tickets because there are many more LEOs everywhere here now w all the growth and hardly any rural roads.I sold the drive train to an Iraq veteran for a steal 6 or 7 years ago and I'm regretting it almost every day now.

I rode motorcycles does that count. I bought a 57 T Bird 312 which I still have in my 55 F 100 which is OK, but it can not do much better than the low 13 when every thing is just right. When I turned sixteen I won many top eliminator with my 125 CC Yamaha. I was pretty proud of it then as my better times were mid 13. Then onto my Kawasaki triples which were a little quicker. My best was a upper 9. Then I built a few rails which were quicker yes but had no margin of error. Today I might manage to idle down the ole strip. Back then I did not mind working all night and pulling up to the track with out even an hour nap. Thanks

Latest posts

Back