ID this wood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does it smell like?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. Upper branches. Tree growing in alley in Detroit. Broke sewer and city took it out. Here's a few more photos to help. No odor. I have another one to ID. I'll post again with photos. This one I have a name from the city guy cutting it down, but want to know what you guys think.

Attachments

• Trunk5.jpg
    Trunk5.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Trunk4.jpg
    Trunk4.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Trunk3.jpg
    Trunk3.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Trunk2.jpg
    Trunk2.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Trunk1.jpg
    Trunk1.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 6
Here is the other one. Totally different tree. What do you think it is?

Bill

Attachments

• Log3.jpg
    Log3.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Log2.jpg
    Log2.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 11
  • Log1.jpg
    Log1.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 12
Still pretty sure the first pics are Siberian elm and mulberry. Mulberry for sure on the orange-ish color...that bigger chunk really looks like a different tree...yes, bark is different on bigger diameter trunk of the same tree, but that wood is quite different too. I suspect you will notice some milky sap on the Mulberry, but not the other... They may have thrown in the chunk from something else they cut...

Next pics are Honey locust.

Honey Locust on the last one.
Still pretty sure the first pics are Siberian elm and mulberry. Mulberry for sure on the orange-ish color...that bigger chunk really looks like a different tree...yes, bark is different on bigger diameter trunk of the same tree, but that wood is quite different too. I suspect you will notice some milky sap on the Mulberry, but not the other... They may have thrown in the chunk from something else they cut...

Next pics are Honey locust.
Looks right.

Latest posts

Back