Ideal Crew Sizes???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trevmcrev

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi all, Ok i know there are so many variables to this question. I'm just trying to get some feedback from others experience as to the ideal crew size & combination.
2 people-1 climber, 1 groundie
2 people-2 climbers sharing duties
3 people-1 climber, 2 groundies
3 people-2 climbers, 1 groundie
4 people...........
etc etc etc....
My question is in terms of productivity, profitability, flexibility,team morale...
At present we run 1 truck & bc1800 vermeer chipper & 1 pick up towing 2 stumpgrinders. I have 2 climbers, 1 groundie/truck driver, 1 groundie/stumper.

Any thoughts please.
Trev
Ps. should this be asked here or the climber section????

On most of my jobs, 1 climber and 2 groundmen are ideal. I have also done jobs where 2 climber and 1 groundman was the ideal mix. I have also had many jobs where 1 climber needed about 4 to 5 groundmen because of the rigging involved and the long haul out to the chipper.

So to answer your question, I would say a 3 man crew is ideal in most cases. The perfect mix, one I had for a couple of years until they moved away, was a 3 man crew where everyone was a good climber and not afraid of ground work either.

Latest posts

Back