Identifying Tree in Painting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Docket

Reaction score
Hello. I'm working on a documentary, and there's a painting of trees that brings tremendous meaning to the subject's life. He's trying to decipher the symbolism of the piece, and the artist unfortunately is deceased. The species of tree chosen for the piece could offer some insights. Is it possible for someone to identify what's been depicted?

I'm guessing this question is out of the ordinary for this forum!

Thanks so much!

David

Attachments

• TREE Reference.png
    TREE Reference.png
    1 MB · Views: 62
identify what's been depicted? ,,,
Poplar trees have a tough and crappy life. They are not well liked, hard to manage and treated as such. The light at the end of the road is a symbol that shows we can look forward to a happy ending,,, I'm pretty good, huh?,,,, :cool:
Jeff
It was a beautiful day!

The way the leaves are painted leads me to think some form of ash.
Keep on the straight and narrow path to the light at the end of the tunnel.
That's the most thought I've put into interpretting art, since I had to interpret poetry in English 100 in university.

Okay, you’re researching. Find out where and when the artist lived. That would have a great influence on what they portray. Way back in the day American Elm, from some reading I was doing at the library, was often used along drives. Don’t know why. Here’s an article:https://ahsgardening.org/wp-content/pdfs/1990-07r.pdf

Another species of elm that I guess would be the Chinese Elm. I believe they were planted in the same way with disastrous results.

Are London Planes straight like that I know Sycamores aren't?

They are a cross between a sycamore and an Oriental Plane Tree.

Ive planted alley ways like that of London Plane.(55) 8 “ caliper trees was my biggest. Good size project.

Looking at a painting, it’s awful brown, reminds me of Plane trees.

But like all art, it’s entirety subjective.

Hello. I'm working on a documentary, and there's a painting of trees that brings tremendous meaning to the subject's life. He's trying to decipher the symbolism of the piece, and the artist unfortunately is deceased. The species of tree chosen for the piece could offer some insights. Is it possible for someone to identify what's been depicted?

I'm guessing this question is out of the ordinary for this forum!

Thanks so much!

David

Poplar and its depicting the trees or mans journey into light,, well match stick light as thats what a grove of these in NE Victoria where grown for match stick wood,,, back in 1985 i took a girl into the plantation and well um anyhoo Poplar they are
Typical-mature-poplar-plantation-photo-by-A-Giorcelli.png

Back