ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

If I had a dollar everytime (fill in the blank) happened I'd be a millionaire

PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Was working outside doing yardwork and had my ear silencers on and had someone talk to me from about 18 feet away, thinking that I could hear them through ear protectors that you can shoot a gun off with and not damage your hearing; I have had that happen before so I just point to my ear and shake my head and keep working. But I thought "if I had a dollar everytime that happened I'd be a millionaire" like the old saying goes, and wondered what you guys would fill in the blank with?

Some others that come to mind for me are:

Having the wife talk to me from several rooms away thinking I can hear her, or talking to me when I am standing next to something making noise and I can't hear a word she is saying.

Seeing people turn without using that thing, what is it called again? Oh yes, a turn signal.

Let's have some fun, we could use it. Fill in the blank!

unclemoustache

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
Ugh! The hearing protection is always the issue. Once in a while I get someone who waits or signals that he wants to talk, but 90% of the time they just talk away, thinking I can hear them.

How about
Dog owners who don't clean up their dog poop. Does ANY dog owner do this anymore?!?

tla100

tla100

Addicted to ArboristSite
Probably not a millionaire, but when I leave a service call at someone's house, I say, "Thanks, appreciate the call! See you later!!"
The reply is well I hope not! Hah.... And then I say, "Heh, I get that a lot".....with a half smile n walk out the door.

But now I say it to see who will give me that same response...it is really kind of funny how you can get people to say something.

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
I'd like a dollar for every time the word "amount" is used incorrectly in place of the word "number", and for every time the word "your" is used instead of the proper "you're", where required. I'd be rich I tell ya, rich. LOL
Uh oh, the Grammar Nazi! :p
(I reread my post to check for errors lol)

TheBrushSlasher

TheBrushSlasher

I have chainsaws and chainsaw accessories.
I'd like a dollar for every time the word "amount" is used incorrectly in place of the word "number", and for every time the word "your" is used instead of the proper "you're", where required. I'd be rich I tell ya, rich. LOL

If ......I had a dollar for every oil mlx thread on this site ................ :)
We'd all be trillionaires.

Dave Hadden

Dave Hadden

Addicted to ArboristSite
Uh oh, the Grammar Nazi! :p
(I reread my post to check for errors lol)

Checked your post for errors yet still called me a "Grammar Nazi". LMAO

So wrong.

Although, if someone were to pay me for each time I corrected grammar and spelling on this site I'd be even richer, but nobody will so I only use my super-powers judiciously, except for that one time I corrected some case named Woody Harrelson when he posted: "Your an idiot" trying to denigrate another member..

That was fun to watch, eh? LOL

Take care.

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
Checked your post for errors yet still called me a "Grammar Nazi". LMAO

So wrong.

Although, if someone were to pay me for each time I corrected grammar and spelling on this site I'd be even richer, but nobody will so I only use my super-powers judiciously, except for that one time I corrected some case named Woody Harrelson when he posted: "Your an idiot" trying to denigrate another member..

That was fun to watch, eh? LOL

Take care.
True that, but not as much fun as getting to ban him from a forum. :laughing: That was priceless.

Yes, I have become somewhat of a Grammar Nazi. I met one about ten years ago on another forum - we hated each other. But I took what he said to heart, closely observed his writing skills, did some googling, and made an attempt to improve. He and I became great friends.

Wye Oak Tree

Wye Oak Tree

John Muir was the man
Cash for every time someone did not use their turn signal while driving.

I have been to many states and in my home state of RI we are among the worst offenders. Massachusetts drivers are just as bad.

A small fortune could have been made lately for every time someone is driving and texting and start to drift into my lane.