if you catch a theif steeling from your property

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cops get a real bad rap. Most of them work hard and do their job properly and according to established policies.
People that want cops to police their personal homes are living in another world.
It's really not that difficult. Follow the rules/laws and don't be a cowboy by taking the law into your own hands. If you think you are justified in murdering someone that is making off with your broken weed Wacker you are out of control. Take the gun that you might use for the weed Wacker the if and put it to the side of your Mellon, rack a round and pull the trigger. It will save a lot of hassle and possibly innocent lives.
If folks have a problem with cops not taking care of them or whatever PLEASE DON'T call the police when your child goes missing or when your vehicle gets hit and run in the local Walmart parking lot. I'm pretty sure most of you cop hating, macho cowboy vigilante types are frequenting Walmart regularly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sorry Challenger, if you view me that way you are WRONG, I'm Not looking to pull the trigger, definitely prefer to not to have to draw my weapon at all, theft from my yard is one thing, you're in my home at 2:00 am UNINVITED, is a Whole Nother story, you will likely be "Leaking" before you leave.

In 2008, my home was burglarized, the Ba$tards weren't even going to respond, just mail me a Report to fill out, until they were told that my Gun safe was stolen, and it included Assault Rifles(Those SCARY things Ya Know), then when the ASSIFER did show up, he had a "Don't Give a SCHITT Attitude" and clearly felt that his time would be better spent with a Hot Cup of Coffee and a Donut. I lived alone at the time, and showed him where they would have handled anything, and that there wouldn't be many fingerprints besides my own and the thief's, " Oh, Fingerprints aren't really all that important" REALLY????

Of course, this SAME Dept, had plenty of time to pull over and TICKET a former Girlfriend who (Amazingly) Wasn't speeding, or anything else, for having some stickers in the back window of her Pick Up, that COULD (But DIDN'T) "OBSTRUCT, the driver's vision, out the back window", of course put a Refrigerator, washer, dryer or load of firewood back there, COMPLETELY BLOCKING the rear window, and that is FINE.

Now, if you don't even BELONG in this country, don't have a drivers license or insurance, speed, run red lights or what ever you feel like, IF you get pulled over, you will likely just get a VERBAL WARNING. I lived in that area for more than 35 years, from the age of 5, Trust me I have a VERY GOOD Idea of the value of the Gresham, OR PD, and it AIN'T just "One or Two ASSIFERS", if you think that Dept, deserves Respect, you don't know a Damn thing about that Dept. The Clackamas County Sherrif's Dept (Completely different County) is a TOTALLY Different Story, and is a Dept that DOES DESERVE RESPECT. I Do respect those that EARN IT.

The Portland PD, I have more mixed feelings on, there are some Good officers, but their hands are tied by Portland's Piece of SCHITT Mayor Ted Wheeler. Between or Governor Kate Brown and Ted Wheeler, Decent citizens that expect the LAWS to be ENFORCED, haven't got a Hope, in Oregon, and Portland in Particular.

Nope, Not a Cop Hating, Cowboy Vigilante(Just BAD Cop Hating Citizen), don't frequent Wal-Mart much, and unless there were injuries, I wouldn't hold out much hope on getting an officer to show up to a Hit and Run there, or anywhere else.

If a Loved One were to go Missing (God Forbid) I would Sincerely Hope that it would be in Clackamas County, Their SAR (Search And Rescue) are among the BEST, they are VERY GOOD at SAR

Doug :cheers:

unfortunately, you would charged with maintaining vicious animals which were not under your direct control among a litany of other things as well. Played that game. That is on the law enforcement side - then starts the whole civil suit litany.
So are you say ing that a tealeaf breaking into your house say while you are in bed/asleep & resident hound takes a lump out of said tea leaf you are to blame & responsible ?

So are you say ing that a tealeaf breaking into your house say while you are in bed/asleep & resident hound takes a lump out of said tea leaf you are to blame & responsible ?
yep , by the time the lawyers get though , you will be a worse offender and likely charged with animal cruelty and harboring a vicious animal besides.

yep , by the time the lawyers get though , you will be a worse offender and likely charged with animal cruelty and harboring a vicious animal besides.
One more reason I'm glad I don't live there anymore it was getting a bit "iffy" in the early 80's when my work contract at Lockheed ended

heck even back in the 70's it was getting bad. had a shop in a enclosed mall, you watch someone pilfering things -couldn't do anything till person was clear of the entrance. lib Thinking "well person is just transporting to the cashier"- ya right. Got pretty good at dropping them within 20 ft of the entrance. no mechanical items used.

if you catch a their steeling from your property
can you shoot their ass with a 12 ga shot gun with rubber buck shot
it will sting like the fire of hell

it will not do any perment dammage
You mean a "thief stealing" and "permanent damage" ?
I would make sure there's nothing they can steal. All locked up tight like sheds, garages, tools, ladders, cars and other equipment.
Dogs are another good deterrent. Same as fences, gates and lighting.

You mean a "thief stealing" and "permanent damage" ?
I would make sure there's nothing they can steal. All locked up tight like sheds, garages, tools, ladders, cars and other equipment.
Dogs are another good deterrent. Same as fences, gates and lighting.

While I agree with you, If some scumbag wants something, all you can do is try to slow them down or discourage them.

And God Help you if your Dog Bites someone, who was just "LOST" (even though they kicked your door in), they are most likely "Misunderstood" and would "Never do anything to Hurt Anyone", (the gun in their hand pointed at someone, not withstanding)

Unfortunately the criminals have more rights than the victims these days in most places.

So, as a white male, I can go steal something that someone else owns and expect to walk away clean if caught YET if I look at a woman or say I voted for trump I'm liable to receive a life sentence of social exile???
Wow, after re-reading that it doesn't sound too bad. [emoji4]

So, as a white male, I can go steal something that someone else owns and expect to walk away clean if caught YET if I look at a woman or say I voted for trump I'm liable to receive a life sentence of social exile???
Wow, after re-reading that it doesn't sound too bad. [emoji4]

Nope, if you're in Multnomah, or Washington Counties in Oregon anyway, you're Pretty much Phucked as a White male, no matter what you do, Blacks ain't getting away with as much as they used to, but if you're Hispanic, Muslim, Homeless(even if you are a White Male) or LGBT, then, Yes you can pretty much get away with almost anything, especially within Portland.

If you shooting thieves is a bad idea, how about a:

sword or

large knife or

shovel or

baseball bat?

I like "large knife" t0 deescalate a potential shooting situation (after the warning shot has been fired).

I'm with everyone that agrees a thief is a low life BUT if you catch one taking your stuff do they really deserve to die? I think not and I'm about as conservative a person as I know. Sure they deserve punishment but I'm not the law and the chances that the law will apprehend a thief stealing my crap is slim to zero. My method is make it very difficult for a thief to find my place to be a good target AND make my stuff very difficult to take. I'd never even think of taking another life as a trade to get some of my crap back. Heck, I can even see me leaving everything unlocked one day just to get stuff gone. [emoji16]

I'm with everyone that agrees a thief is a low life BUT if you catch one taking your stuff do they really deserve to die? I think not and I'm about as conservative a person as I know. Sure they deserve punishment but I'm not the law and the chances that the law will apprehend a thief stealing my crap is slim to zero. My method is make it very difficult for a thief to find my place to be a good target AND make my stuff very difficult to take. I'd never even think of taking another life as a trade to get some of my crap back. Heck, I can even see me leaving everything unlocked one day just to get stuff gone. [emoji16]

Death for theft?, that Might be a LITTLE severe, but I am all for getting Draconian on intentional crimes, make the consequences so severe, that it wont even be considered.

I have always heard that in Saudi Arabia, they chop off the hand of thieves that get caught:surprised3:, I don't know if it is True, but I have heard those tales since I was a Kid, that was a LOOOONG time ago;),
The thing is, if it IS True, and as well known there as it was here in my childhood, then if you did get caught stealing, I would have ZERO sympathy for them, they made a CHOICE to take something that wasn't theirs, and KNEW the consequences, you're only a repeat offender ONCE, Two hands are all you get.

Murder, Rape, and even Identity Theft, I could/would support the Death Penalty, Murder and Rape should seem obvious, but Identity theft has gotten so bad, and the havoc that it can cause an innocent person is extreme, again make the consequences well known, and Impose them a few times, things are very likely to change, but when someone CHOOSES to do such things to another, I am all for Extreme penalties.

Death for theft?, that Might be a LITTLE severe, but I am all for getting Draconian on intentional crimes, make the consequences so severe, that it wont even be considered.

I have always heard that in Saudi Arabia, they chop off the hand of thieves that get caught:surprised3:, I don't know if it is True, but I have heard those tales since I was a Kid, that was a LOOOONG time ago;),
The thing is, if it IS True, and as well known there as it was here in my childhood, then if you did get caught stealing, I would have ZERO sympathy for them, they made a CHOICE to take something that wasn't theirs, and KNEW the consequences, you're only a repeat offender ONCE, Two hands are all you get.

Murder, Rape, and even Identity Theft, I could/would support the Death Penalty, Murder and Rape should seem obvious, but Identity theft has gotten so bad, and the havoc that it can cause an innocent person is extreme, again make the consequences well known, and Impose them a few times, things are very likely to change, but when someone CHOOSES to do such things to another, I am all for Extreme penalties.

Doug, I can appreciate your opinion completely. I don't agree with you about popping off a hand etc but I agree we are way too soft on crime.
I never like to think we should do ANYTHING that their world countries do in regard to answering our social problems. Those countries are nothing like America. They are generally made up of a single culture not the "melting pot" that America is. They also aren't under the same scrutiny and on and on.

I AM interested in your take on identity theft. I am ignorant on the subject and I'd like to hear your thoughts. Do you have any recommended precautions?

if youi catch a their steeling tackle him or her and have some one hold them down a nd beat their ass with a paddle

if youi catch a their steeling tackle him or her and have some one hold them down a nd beat their ass with a paddle

Gunny, didn't we already address your Anal Fixation, and your NEED to have Professional Help to deal with it?:confused:

I am suspecting that you haven't sought out that help yet. :(

You Really should follow through with that.;)

Doug, I can appreciate your opinion completely. I don't agree with you about popping off a hand etc but I agree we are way too soft on crime.
I never like to think we should do ANYTHING that their world countries do in regard to answering our social problems. Those countries are nothing like America. They are generally made up of a single culture not the "melting pot" that America is. They also aren't under the same scrutiny and on and on.

I AM interested in your take on identity theft. I am ignorant on the subject and I'd like to hear your thoughts. Do you have any recommended precautions?

Challenger, Sorry that I didn't get back sooner.

With identity theft, having someone open credit cards in your name, or even purchasing large ticket items such as Auto's Boats, ATV's and the like using your name, can be very difficult to get corrected, it is more recognized now , but can still be a Headache of Biblical proportions for the victim.

I have heard many tales of ID Theft, but fortunately, I have not yet been a victim, but it is a very real problem. There are several methods to prevent ID Theft such as putting a lock on your Credit Rating, so if someone tries to open an unauthorized account, it gets blocked before it ever gets opened, but then you have to go through a process to unlock your credit rating if you do want to open a legitimate account. There are Credit monitoring services, such as Lifelock, that will monitor your credit score for attempt s to open new unauthorized accounts in your name. You can also periodically review your credit rating to look for new unauthorized accounts, which would already be opened, but the sooner they are discovered the easier it is to deal with and minimize the damage.

Identity Theft is a serious problem, and can create all kinds of problems for a victim, such as losing an opportunity to purchase a Home, if the trouble isn't discovered until during the Mortgage process, a seller may cancel a sale if the buyer can't get the issue resolved in a timely manner, which can be a real concern. It would be a real shame to lose out on a Home that you really want, because someone used your Identity to buy a car or snowmobile, then never made a payment.

This is the kind of Havoc ID Theft can wreak on an unsuspecting victim, and is an entirely deliberate act, which makes ME feel like Draconian Consequences are warranted. Make the consequences so SEVERE, that the crime won't even be considered. IMPOSE those Consequences, and the problem will be dramatically reduced. I have Zero sympathy for someone receiving those consequences, they made a Conscious CHOICE to commit the Crime, they can/SHOULD suffer the consequences of their actions.

I am by no means an authority on the subject, but there are financial and security advisors that can give you more and better information, if you are interested in learning more about Identity Theft.

Latest posts

Back