If you could have any saw NIB?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You talkin bout one of these. :msp_rolleyes:

4restored797sand3100003.jpg

4restored797sand3100005.jpg

4restored797sand3100007.jpg

Lee

Oooooooooo! :bowdown: :bowdown: One day i'll get one!

For me, It would be a 8500 Poulan, or 655Bp. Heck, some of us would even take an old clapped out greasy one in a box, or without the box.:msp_ohmy:

If I was smart though, I would choose any old Stihl, so I could sell it on Ebay, and retire, or at least live large for a while.:D

:cheers:
Gregg,

Keep your eyes open, they show up occasionally. I have added a 5200 and 8500 to this line up.

Photo0295.jpg

I suppose if I were to have one NIB it would have to be a saw I would keep there, and since Aaron went and listed just about every "want" saw, I will have to go with a Poulan S6000, I just don't think I could keep it new very long. I rather enjoy my saws all dirty and missing paint, that way I do not feel bad using them.

Keep your eyes open, they show up occasionally. I have added a 5200 and 8500 to this line up.

Photo0295.jpg

I suppose if I were to have one NIB it would have to be a saw I would keep there, and since Aaron went and listed just about every "want" saw, I will have to go with a Poulan S6000, I just don't think I could keep it new very long. I rather enjoy my saws all dirty and missing paint, that way I do not feel bad using them.

LOL. I like to cover all the bases. That 4900 seems familiar for some reason.:msp_thumbup:

LOL. I like to cover all the bases. That 4900 seems familiar for some reason.:msp_thumbup:

I was looking at it today, just sitting on my bench looking sexy, I almost fueled her up and gave her a run for old times sake but my wife saw the gleam in my eye and put me to work in the house.

any new in the box saw aye. hmmm. ms 880. my reasoning for this is because i use the big saws more then anything and i already have enough 3120's. i tried my buddies 880 and i liked it.

Photo0295.jpg

Geez, That looks to be a near new 4900 you have there!:msp_thumbsup: That was a nice find. There seems to be more of the 8500's out there on the west coast. There, and ones with bows on them from the south east. Here in the midwest, the large Poulans are real scarce.:mad:

Gregg,

Geez, That looks to be a near new 4900 you have there!:msp_thumbsup: That was a nice find. There seems to be more of the 8500's out there on the west coast. There, and ones with bows on them from the south east. Here in the midwest, the large Poulans are real scarce.:mad:

Gregg,

Gregg that 4900 will be heading south to live with me soon. A big old Homelite will be heading north to live with HomeliteJim (makes sense).:D

I was looking at it today, just sitting on my bench looking sexy, I almost fueled her up and gave her a run for old times sake but my wife saw the gleam in my eye and put me to work in the house.

Yeah I've almost grabbed your Homelite to take cutting. It's all cleaned up and ready to go. Will box it up and send it north on Monday. I spent the day servicing my wife's Husqvarna sewing machine. Took care of some issues.......but the feed pawls (or whatever they're called) are still stuck running in reverse. I've given up, put it back togetether, and IT will go to the Husqvarna SM shop on Monday. Those things are less fun to work on than a mini-mac (although much cleaner)....

I had just laid up 2 new 361's and a new 460 in Feb 2010 when They were clearing the shelves of 361's.

Filed for a divorce in april and ended up selling them later that year. Never fired the 361's and only had a test cut on the 460.

Paid 500 each for the 361's and 830 for the 460 powerhead

I would like to find another new or mint 361 someday but my first choice would be a NIB 046 MAGNUM. :rock:

CIMG0716.jpg

CIMG0714.jpg

CIMG0707.jpg

Oh, and yes, The divorce was worth it. :msp_biggrin:

I am truly surprised that nobody has mentioned the Alpina Super Pro 120. I would LOVE to have one of those in ANY running condition.

For an all-around get-the-job-done saw, a NIB 064 would be hard to beat.

Here's one i picked up over a year ago.
Although it didn't come with the original box.
Everything is still there and never been fueled.

3Alpina120sonenew002.jpg

3Alpina120sonenew008.jpg

3Alpina120sonenew010.jpg

Lee

Here's one i picked up over a year ago.
Although it didn't come with the original box.
Everything is still there and never been fueled.

3Alpina120sonenew002.jpg

3Alpina120sonenew008.jpg

3Alpina120sonenew010.jpg

Lee

WOW!

Did you sell your soul for that amazing collection?

Latest posts

Back