If you could have just one saw ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsjunkie

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Ok the wife says you don't need all of these saw's (GRRRRRR)
So i need some opinions. I use a saw to cut wood for a out side wood fired hot water furnace that I heat about 5,500 sq.ft. with.
I also cut and sell about 100 cord of stove wood a year.
I own a 394xp,066,046 (with walkerized nose)and a walkerized 026 (almost brand new),025 (don't ask),so what saw would you guys keep?
Or would you guys sell all and buy one new saw that will do it all?
I will consider all opinion's Thanks Eric

How about the option of trading in your wife for the new model????

Originally posted by woodsjunkie
Ok the wife says you don't need all of these saw's (GRRRRRR)
So i need some opinions. ............I will consider all opinion's Thanks Eric

Since all the saws are already paid for, and resale can cost you a LOT of money, maybe you can just agree to not buy any more new ones for a while. Keep what ya got except the 025. Maybe you can sell it on E-bay for $300 or so if you list it as a '311Y' or commercial saw (as indicared by the '0' in '025')! :laugh:

Your wife says you have to get rid of all saws but one or you have to get rid of one saw? If you have to get rid of one saw, you already know which one that is. Make sure your wife knows that you got rid of it because she asked you to. If it's all saws but one, go ahead and unload all but your favorite, then show up the next day with a Ferrari. If she wants to whine about something as trivial as chainsaws, then give her something to really whine about and be done with it.

It sounds to me that you have just the right amount of saws.You probably can`t get by with any less than that.Try to make the wife see the light.

Just one?

OK, the question was one. I would keep the 026, if you feel it is big enough. If you get into larger wood ,then the 046 fills the bill.It will always be a compromise, but you did say one.
However, hide the rest ! Put a tarp over the trailer! Build a shack in the woods! Where doen't she go? That is the spot to keep them.

I tend to agree with Doug on this one. If she is going to b@#!h about something as trivial as chainsaws.

If and i do mean "IF" you have to get rid of all but one :cry: i would keep either um... hell i would try to keep them all.

If push comes to shove (its cheaper to sell a couple saws then get a divorce ask Jeff Gordon) i would keep the 046 or 066. They are big enough to do the big jobs and light enough to do the little jobs. best of luck to you though

Glad im not in your situation (yet)

woodjunkie, I sense your pain. and being the sensitive caring person I am, though I don't really know you, to help out a fellow post member, and to potentially save a marriage, I will offer to come up there and get them saws, and take them away from there. free of charge, I might add. whatever I can do to help out. ;)

Ya rite the wife do the cutt'in LOL thats wear the 025 came into the picture ( IT might have 1hr. on it )
To tell you guy's the truth i really don't wan't to part with any of my saws, But i was thinking that maybe this way i could get a little more color in my line up, maybe some Red or somemore orange, and still make her think i was playing the game, Thats if i could find the rite red or orange saw to fit the bill.........

eric,
keep the 026 and the 066, sell the rest and buy a 372xp. take some of the left over money and take her out to eat. sometimes wives just need to understand. marty

if u paid new saw prices ,just put them on ebay with new price reserve. if it sells ,buy another one with the money.

keep the 394 and then next in line would be the 046. or you can pull this one tell your wife she has to only have one pair of shoes :) but that is something that you should not have to make a decision about. if you heat wi th wood adn sell wood on the side there should be no arguement about getting rid of saws.

I mean really, how much room can those saws take up? Or is there another issue between you and your wife?

Happy Sawin'
Josh

Lets see, You work hard to support the family,You use your saws to cut the fire wood that keeps them all warm and comfy.
You also cut stove wood for resale. and she says that 5 saws is too many? Does she cook with one pot? Does she have more than 3 pairs of shoes? I think she might be abit selfish here.
As long as you don't spend the money that should be used for the families needs, you should be allowed these few toys. Heh I have 27 saws right now.
My brothers wife told him he had to chose between her or his toys(Mustangs he had 2) he still has the cars and has a new wife

Well I think the new wife thing might be a bit on the harsh side of the fence. :D

Happy Sawin'
Josh

I say keep all the saws, and buy some more. Buy a couple of junky clunkers as throwaways, so when she gets all grumpy about how much more you love your chain saw than her (I been there...) you can get rid of the old clunker (not her, yet...LOL)

I heat with wood (I've got a Central Boiler Classic...best investment I ever made), plus provide wood for both my and my wife's parents, as well as selling some wood, but not 100 cords/year. I also hire out when I can, clearing lots and rights-of-way and doing a little removal work, but I have decided that at 43 I don't want to be dangling from a rope with a chainsaw noooo more. If I cant get it from the ground, someone else can have it.

My wife hates it that I want every new chain saw I see, but as I tell her, I probably spend less money on chain saws than some guys drink up in a year, and make enough money with them to pay for a new one every once in a while, plus save for the kid's education, and even ahve a little left over for fun.

Her Brother collects antuque tractors, and while they are pretty neat, have burned up a lot more of that family's income.

Tell your wife it could be worse. Wash the chainsaw gas smell out of your clothes, take her out on the town, and for God's sake, don't wear that old beat-up Stihl hat with the holes in it.

Sounds to me like the old ,I'm not getting enough attention deal so I'll hit him where it hurts. Could be my wife and the gun collection. Better do your home work or suffer. Don't get rid of any of them or you'll be sorry, been there, done that

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Having fun cuz I want to do it

Latest posts

Back