If you could only grow three vegetables what would they be

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tomatoes, green bush beans, green squash.
A few gardeners use five gallon buckets on there decks. You can grow a lot of fresh veggies that way. All they need is good soil, sunlight, water.

Tomatoes, potatoes, and your favorite type squash just because they are versatile and store well.
We freeze tomatoes whole from our large garden and when winter arrives cook and reduce them to sauce.

Tomatoes and squash are really are a fruit. What makes a fruit a fruit, and a vegetable a vegetable?
The big question to ask is, does it have seeds? If the answer is yes, then technically, (botanically) you have a fruit.
This, of course, makes your tomato a fruit. It also makes cucumbers, squash, peas, and pumpkins all fruits as well.

Shoot, I don't even know, some that I bought at walmart, not seed but seed I got from tomatoes that were goin soft on me.
I germinated them inside.
After trying several varieties without success, I tried Radiator Charlie's Mortgage Lifter. Best tomatoes I've eaten, and grow good in my soil.

Our largest one last year was 3lbs. 12oz.

Got plants started in the basement for this year.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

What kind of tomatoes?

I tell you what thou, I get the one that are on the vine in a package, usually 4 cause they seem to stay fresher longer and because I can't open the dam bags...They kinda small but seem to taste better...I planted 13 seedlings and all survived and other than one plant looked identical in size and shape to what I bought.
One out of the 13 made elongated shaped tomatoes where all the rest were round.

After trying several varieties without success, I tried Radiator Charlie's Mortgage Lifter. Best tomatoes I've eaten, and grow good in my soil.

Our largest one last year was 3lbs. 12oz.

Got plants started in the basement for this year.

I see now walmart has TP for 62 cents for 2, this is somethin called Wisconsin somethin or other.

I tell you what thou, I get the one that are on the vine in a package, usually 4 cause they seem to stay fresher longer and because I can't open the dam bags...They kinda small but seem to taste better...I planted 13 seedlings and all survived and other than one plant looked identical in size and shape to what I bought.
One out of the 13 made elongated shaped tomatoes where all the rest were round.
Most of the store tomatoes are hybrids and you can get throwbacks to one of the parents. The on the vine tomatoes are mostly green house grown. I had one go bad and threw it out behind the pole barn. Got some nice plants but only had giant cherry tomatoes on it. Bitter as heck.

My girl recently got involved with the seed trading groups on FB so three will never be a thing. Many envelopes incoming and outgoing daily. I swear the woman will keep the USPS solvent all by herself.

My personal favorite is salsa(that's one thing right?)

Fresh green beans are a must. Home made pickles are the best. We always have a crock of kraut in the basement. My smoked peach habanero BBQ sauce has a few blue ribbons.

Sorry folks, I just can't comply...

Back