If You Need A Good Laugh - Top 5 Things To Do In A Tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as you stay safe keep going. Your stories reminded me of the funniest thing I saw from a tree. I had this ground guy that had helped me a few times, but was a little cocky some times. Soaking wet he weighed 140 lbs. So I get this job to remove some good sized limbs from a tree that was close to a house. So I cut a couple of limbs and climb down the tree to show the guy how to wrap the line around a tree and then wait for the weight of the limb to start pulling on the line. The limbs at this point are still attached to the tree. So I finished cutting and he partially unwraps the line until it starts to slide around the tree. Perfect two limbs lowered away. So the next limb is much heavier than the first two. I explain that the limb is much larger than the previous and he says yup already and he has his gloves on. So I go ahead and cut away. The limb drops a little then takes off pretty fast so I am looking through the branches when suddenly I see this guy flying under neath me not really touching the ground. So I hurry down the tree only to find him laying in the dirt but no injuries. He says I was sure I did not need any wraps around the tree. Thanks

My top 5, what's yours?
I make these videos to try to spread the word about recreational tree climbing and get people excited about the possibilities.

Great video. My first intro to recreational tree climbing.
Now I'm shopping for a beginner's kit. Any advice?
Thanks,
Jim
Greenville, SC

I have a friend that climbs for a living taught me how to climb. Some days I'd rather be in a tree then on the ground. Helps clear your mind. Good vid, I'll have to try the pizza trick. Lol.

Back