ignition trouble

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike mandry

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Anyone ever use one of those "Electronic" chips that replaces your points & condenser on older saws ??

Ive got an older homelite 150 with no spark, otherwise, like new

Any feedback appreciated. Thanks !!

I think you are referring to the Atom ignition...if you do a search, "Atom" .. you will come up with the guys that have them in stock or can get them...if you have any difficulties email me...I will find you one from Mike Acres... prolly about 15-20 bucks...been awhile since I priced them...

I installed an ignition module from Stihl on an 075 with good results. It cost about $20 but my local dealer says they are no longer available.
I recently found a module to replace points and condensor at NAPA for $15. I have not used one but are easily installed.Hope this helps.
Pete

There are more than one of <a href= "http://www.mfgsupply.com/SmEngElectUIgn.html/mv_session_id=esahc99q"> these things </a> out there, but they all seem to work about the same.

Unfortunately, they won't cure a bad coil or bad ground, and ign timing is based on magnet position relative to coil rather than the more exact opening of the points. For a few bucks, it's worth a try.

module

I have not replaced points in any saw in about 10 years. The atom module was my mainstay, but the Nova II seems to be working very well. Get one from any small engine shop hooked up with Rotary.

Latest posts

Back