IL, IN, MI, WI, gtg...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Search youtube for tutorials, not sure if they have them but I have learned several things from youtube different programs, some will have small tutorials.

Just checked there is alot on there about using PS..

here is an example:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PN_1LVG8Csw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PN_1LVG8Csw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Here is a picture of the desk my brother built for my nephew out of one of the other pieces of cedar that Josh milled...He also air brushed the walls in Marvel comics for him...

attachment.php

They are very happy w/ the way it turned out...I hate to guess the time he has in it...

That turned out real nice. Like to see the piece that Josh took to finish.

finally got pics of the cedar....we went to NC on vaca and we lost the recharger plug-in - I dug for it this morning, found it and charged it just enough to snap a few pics. THis is with 2 coats of Enviro-Tek (sp?) Lite pour-on coating.

THis is the first time I've done it and it turned out decent I'd say. It's nothing like aggiebutchers work though. Keep in mind this is the exact piece I milled, not sanded, not planed....just wiped off. It had a bit of a corkscrew to it (rookie miller :) ) so the coating ran down the edges a touch - it'll need sanded, but will definetly be a conversation piece/ nice bench when I'm done I think.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Not sure how much futher he got on it?...:popcorn:

Makes a guy think real hard about a mill, but I never see any ceder that size. I don't think cottonwood would look as nice, and know p#ss elm wouldn't.

I have a large Cedar to drop this winter that the power company topped. I figured on having it cut into 5/4 but maybe a will go 12/4 and let it dry. What you did does look very nice.

Latest posts

Back