I'm from China. I need logs. There's a log to come.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It helped me. I picked up about 700 tons of logs that were otherwise supposed to go to China. Contract got cancelled.

The guy that logged it is happy. Wood stays local, much less headache, and he loves that he's able to help a disabled vet grow his business.

Take that back, ended up with about 1000 tons total.

Take that back, ended up with about 1000 tons total.
You know what's crazy? I know someone putting the final details on exporting firewood from overseas to USA and Canada. Whoda thunk there could possibly be enough $ in it for that carry on. He was saying the margins are better than his local market.

Couple years ago the grocery store was selling birch campfire wood that had been brought in from Latvia.

I couldn't understand how it made sense $$ wise.

That wood we bought... the contract that fell out was a New Zealand company that was buying and exporting. Not sure all the details but in the end the deal fell through.

He has a boatload of wood though. Would have loved to get it all, but I don't have that kind of $$. A shady outfit in the neighboring town (the type that everyone is pretty sure is a front for not so legal things, but for some reason hasn't been caught), cut him a check for about 100k for logs. He's got a yard that's maybe an 1-2 acres and full of all sorts of junk cars and what not. They had to stack the logs as high as a 330 shovel loader will go.
Also a few others ended up with ~50-100 cords as well.

So Alaska wood, bought by a New Zealand company and shipped to China.

I can't understand how that could have enough $$ all around that everyone has butter on their bread.
I mean shoot, we have declined jobs because they were too far to haul equipment and logs.. and that was just ~100-150 mile area, not around the world!

It's a mad, mad world. I wouldn't be surprised if that NZ company was trying to line up back-to-back LC's and China revoked theirs. In the words of Tom Jones, it's not unusual.

Latest posts

Back