I'm fustrated....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do what I did Tom, just get a really big mailbox.

I just get everything delivered to work, now.

I switched to UPS- right to the door and lovin' it!:msp_wub:

That's the problem, you can still choose UPS as the shipping method and if it is part of the "last mile system" it still goes through the Post Office. I pay for UPS ground delivery and I still have to go pick it up, because the USPS won't come to my house. Not an issue for most people, but it sucks in my situation.

What's been bothering me about this is, Randy shipped a saw that was all clean and new like, Chainsawjohnny purchased it "well used" in a lot from USPS and did not use it himself. At what point was the saw used and by whom? Am I missing something here? DF

No, the saw wasn't like new when I shipped it. It was clean of saw chips, and had a clutch cover though.....at least if I remember correctly. I ship a lot of saws.

I just get everything delivered to work, now.

That's the problem, you can still choose UPS as the shipping method and if it is part of the "last mile system" it still goes through the Post Office. I pay for UPS ground delivery and I still have to go pick it up, because the USPS won't come to my house. Not an issue for most people, but it sucks in my situation.

You live way out in the damn woods........lucky you get sunshine.

Quit yer #####in. :laugh:

I wondered that myself as several packages from UPS have been delivered by USPS lately. Following the tracking number I see that the original UPS package was suddenly sitting in the local USPS office awaiting delivery by them. It has meant a 1-2 day delay in delivery. I would think that UPS would agree to delver it to your door if you requested it personally. Even if it meant waiting a few extra days, it is better than a week of waiting to pick up at USPS.

I know this a knock the Post Office thread but I have to relate my last several shipping things with them.Last week I sent a solar electric fence charger to a business here in PA to be repaired.Used the if it fits it ships box.$10.00 and change,it was there the next day.I bought a saw part from Brentwood TN wendesday night.I've been tracking it.Its 20 miles away at a sorting center as of 6:15PM and will be here tomorrow.I've been raising a pen of broiler chickens every fall lately for the freezer.I get them out of Ohio(near Sullivan).They box up day old chicks Monday and Tuesday morning my phone is ringing,the local post office is waking me up to come get my chicks.In my experience FedEX is a crap shoot and UPS depends almost solely on the quality of your driver.But there is a lot of stuff with the Post Office that ain't broke.I think the problem is so much with the PO is so automatic the personel they have don't have a clue what to do when something goes wrong.

I know this a knock the Post Office thread but I have to relate my last several shipping things with them.Last week I sent a solar electric fence charger to a business here in PA to be repaired.Used the if it fits it ships box.$10.00 and change,it was there the next day.I bought a saw part from Brentwood TN wendesday night.I've been tracking it.Its 20 miles away at a sorting center as of 6:15PM and will be here tomorrow.I've been raising a pen of broiler chickens every fall lately for the freezer.I get them out of Ohio(near Sullivan).They box up day old chicks Monday and Tuesday morning my phone is ringing,the local post office is waking me up to come get my chicks.In my experience FedEX is a crap shoot and UPS depends almost solely on the quality of your driver.But there is a lot of stuff with the Post Office that ain't broke.I think the problem is so much with the PO is so automatic the personel they have don't have a clue what to do when something goes wrong.

They are great.......until one day they ain't. When that happens, you got a fight on your hands to even get to speak with someone that cares. That's my biggest beef with the USPS.

I can tell you that when I spoke on the phone with a FedEx representative, they took time to answer my questions completely. In fact, when I asked a question that the lady I was speaking with (that spoke perfect English BTW) couldn't answer, she told me she would find out, and call me back. She even told me when she would be calling. When the hands on the clock said it was time.......the phone began to ring.

Try getting that from the USPS.

I hear ya Randy.Maybe expecting them to handle something like a saw is pushing their capabilities.Usually when I get something that big shipped it's UPS or truck freight.

I hear ya Randy.Maybe expecting them to handle something like a saw is pushing their capabilities.Usually when I get something that big shipped it's UPS or truck freight.

I agree. They seem to do great on smaller parcels. In fact I still use USPS Priority on smaller items. I do not bother with insurance though......they won't pay so what's the point?

Read my lips...smell my finger!

Can't see your lips friend........they are plastered on someone's ass. :msp_tongue:

They are great.......until one day they ain't. When that happens, you got a fight on your hands to even get to speak with someone that cares. That's my biggest beef with the USPS.

I can tell you that when I spoke on the phone with a FedEx representative, they took time to answer my questions completely. In fact, when I asked a question that the lady I was speaking with (that spoke perfect English BTW) couldn't answer, she told me she would find out, and call me back. She even told me when she would be calling. When the hands on the clock said it was time.......the phone began to ring.

Try getting that from the USPS.

Just got back from FedEx and they noticed it was the third time I'd been in there in the last few weeks with big packages; all saws. The lady pointed out that for $1.00 or something like that I can set up a FedEx account and just drop packages off, save money, etc. I'm thinking... GREAT! I don't ship lots of saws.. but if it saves me a few dollars... why not?!

USPS has been super quick lately with small boxes and they are pretty convenient for me most of the time. FedEx is a bit out of the way but with a larger package... I'm going to go the extra few miles.

Latest posts

Back