• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

im looking for an very large wood stove coal or wood

york

ArboristSite Operative
I spent time looking for a large stove myself and 3 cu/ft seems to be about it..Qudrafire has one that is 4.5 cu/ft, but it has a wall thermostat and some electronic crap in it...

pauljoseph

pauljoseph

ArboristSite Operative
I would rather have two small stoves than one big one. Especially if I had a big house! Anyway there are lots of big stoves on the market but maybe not close to you, so where do you make your abode?

anlrolfe

anlrolfe

Honor GOD, Country and Corps
What's the layout of your house?
Do you have a basement?
Where is your chimney/flue access?
All new system or retrofit.

Growing up we had a circulator style stove with poor efficiency. New designs like the US Stove Wonderwood use secondary air to improve efficiency. These are big. You can get bigger if you go with a wood furnace type product.

Natster

Natster

ArboristSite Guru
There's a guy locally that built his stove to hold a pallet of wood. Loads it with forklift. I don't know if that's a good idea..

cantoo

cantoo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Website
Visit site
There are some sawmills that burn bundles of slabs in home made boilers. A guy I used to know used to burn the cardboard bales of recycled cardboard to heat a chicken barn. 2 or 3 fit in his at a time and only needed when the chicks were young for a week or two.