I'm No Longer a Piker: I Broke Down and Bought Firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A. Stanton

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
With the unrest in the mid-east, I decided that I could no longer depend on free trees. So I broke down and bought 7 cords of tree-length firewood. Needless to say, I have been very busy bucking the stuff. Then comes the splitting.

The trees are 22-footers. I already bucked some of the logs and moved them to where I'll be splitting.

With the price of fuel I really think that might be the best way to go. It's a lot cheaper when you don't have to start the truck.

Scott

at least you got that nice tractor to help out:msp_thumbup:
180614d1303236371-kubota-b3030-big-firewood-pile-jpg

I am looking to open the wallet up too!

With all the rain, have not been able to get into the woods. If you don't mind how much damage to the wallet?

Finished Bucking the Log Pile Today

It was nice to have help from my little friends: the Kubota, the Logrite peavey, and the Stihl 440.

man i love them kubota's i am still kicking myself for selling ours.. i had a b2910 it was an awesome little tractor...:rock:

The way things are going, I might be looking at buying a load or two myself. When you figure out the cost of fuel and your time. I could buy a load or two and still be ahead of the game. A person can save more by buying the extra wood then putting the money in the bank.

I wasn't going to buy wood until I found out I had a hernia. My brother-in law sold us wood for 125 a cord that's seasoned split oak and delivered it. For that price I couldn't turn it down. If I could get a log load for a decent price I would, but there's no one around here that does it. I needed good wood for next year and there's plenty of dead elms and ash that needs cut. As soon as I get my 3 point hitch fitted for a pintle, I will get to try out my military trailer I bought for firewood. I figure by the time I factor time, fuel, etc. its well worth buying wood if the price is right.

Back