impressed with Husqvarna 545 mark II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outdoortype

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Just got a new 545 mark II and had lots of fun. I started out using 20LPX with and 18" and was surprised. I didn't expect it to cut so fast. I asked the dealer if it would keep up with my 50cc 346xp (that has been pretty much babied). He said it would be close and he wasn't wrong. I have never ran an AT saw or an earlier 550, 545 etc. so I cannot compare. As far as weight goes, it is heavier than the 346xp but it balances well. I've ran almost 4 tanks through it but not a lot of limbing. Bucking firewood it wasn't much behind my non-cat 359. I was also surprised by Oregon BPX. My dealer said he used a lot of semi-chisel so I ran it a lot today. It seemed like it wasn't as much of a difference in cutting speed compare to using 3/8 chisel vs 3/8 semi chisel. Has anyone else noticed this?

Just got a new 545 mark II and had lots of fun. I started out using 20LPX with and 18" and was surprised. I didn't expect it to cut so fast. I asked the dealer if it would keep up with my 50cc 346xp (that has been pretty much babied). He said it would be close and he wasn't wrong. I have never ran an AT saw or an earlier 550, 545 etc. so I cannot compare. As far as weight goes, it is heavier than the 346xp but it balances well. I've ran almost 4 tanks through it but not a lot of limbing. Bucking firewood it wasn't much behind my non-cat 359. I was also surprised by Oregon BPX. My dealer said he used a lot of semi-chisel so I ran it a lot today. It seemed like it wasn't as much of a difference in cutting speed compare to using 3/8 chisel vs 3/8 semi chisel. Has anyone else noticed this?
I'm still curious how the MKIIs compare to a 5105 Dolmar and the Makitas. On paper they're close.

Glad you like it. I got an original edition 545 earlier this year. I am very impressed with it as well. I have done mostly limbing with it. Very light as easy to handle. I haven't cut much bigger stuff with it but what I have cut, it did very well. It came with the Husqvarna xcut narrow kerf chain which I like very much too. Cuts well and stays sharp.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Thanks, that's really interesting to me. I have been aiming in on the 545v2 for quite some time now, it's significantly more affordable than the 550XP and I don't feel the need for the little extra - just a good saw.

Thanks, that's really interesting to me. I have been aiming in on the 545v2 for quite some time now, it's significantly more affordable than the 550XP and I don't feel the need for the little extra - just a good saw.
I know what you mean. The 550 is probably $600 around here. My Husqvarna dealer said that Husqvarna explained that the 545 mark 2 has less power than the 550 mark 2 but a more useful power band to a non-professional. I don't really need the rev-boost because I don't do that much limbing.

Back