impression of Solo 651

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyM

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I just received my Solo 651 today. I took it into the woods to try it out, and I just wanted to say WOW! It is well built, nice looking, has great balance, a carb primer bulb, easy to use controls, a two year consumer waranty, and, will seriously outcut a Stihl 026 in larger wood (>6" dia) Plus, it still has an adjustable carb, weighs 10.8 lbs, and I got it for $30 less than I paid for the 026Pro. The only thing I can complain about is there is no side chain tensioner, and it vibrates more than any of my other saws (not bad though). I wish I had a 346XP or a 350 Husqvarna to put it up against, but I think it's my hands down winner for best 50cc saw. Wish I would have known about Solo before I bought the 026.

That's great! Glad you like it! If we all liked the same things, this would be a boring world. I've never run a Solo, never seen one around here. It must be fairly impressive though, if you rate it higher than the best small/midsize saw I have ever run!

I dont know if anyone will have impressions on your particular saw due to its popularity. I am impressed thought that you rate it above an 026. One day is much different than years of use. Keep us informed on how you like it, if it ever becomes a headache. I have owned things that I loved at first and end up hating after having trouble. I know that since its German(at least I think its German), it cant be too bad.

Back