In need of large logs for sculpture.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasterWoodcarver

Reaction score
I have a very large sculpture that I need to source material for. I need two large pieces, one of which needs to be about 6' x 14'. The other can be a bit shorter but should be similar in diameter. Redwood would be ideal but I'm open to other options. I'm in Southern CA. Local would be great but shipping it in would be fine if need be.

Thanks a bunch.

Gonna move this to Carving; this is probably gonna find you more and better answers.
Thanks madhatte. I posted in forestry and logging because I thought it would get more eyes on it there. Also since I'm just looking for material and don't have questions specifically related to carving it seemed like forestry & logging was more the crowd that could help.

Cheers

I have a very large sculpture that I need to source material for. I need two large pieces, one of which needs to be about 6' x 14'. The other can be a bit shorter but should be similar in diameter. Redwood would be ideal but I'm open to other options. I'm in Southern CA. Local would be great but shipping it in would be fine if need be.

Thanks a bunch.
i have 2 or 3 big pcs of sycomore logs
for sale
if no body buys them in 2 days im cuting them up for firewood

no one ever bought from me on this site
im now not selling any thing on this site

just accepting free ammo

Master I have been cutting here for forty years and have only seen a handful of trees that size. I do know where one is that will fill your needs but there are too many issues connected to it to be realistic. Anytime you want to check out my inventory no problem. I do not think you will find one here more likely you will have to import. Best of luck. Thanks

Latest posts

Back