Indiana GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericjeeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I think there might be enough folks from Indiana to have a get together,,
Maybe we could have a woodcutting gathering. Maybe all of us pitch in cut some firewood and deliver it to a worthy and needing family?
I will gladly donate the tree tops. if someone can come up with a worthy family to deliver it to.
I could put on a huge pot of beans to simmer while we cut and split and shoot the sh!t.
I am 30 miles south of Indianapolis. just east of Martinsville.

Eric, I'm in. We talked before and I am only an hour from you. I think the tough part is comming up with someone that needs the wood. I will leave that to someone else. Do you have a splitter, or should I bring mine. I could bring the 084 and Alaskan and show you a little milling.

Larry

I have two here one is a buddies..

But we can use it.. he will probably show up to help us.
I know a lady just recently widowed that burns wood. I am not sure of her current need for wood though. But I will find out.
So no real need to bring yours along. unless we get several men willing to show up and gather.
Nice part about this lady, other than she is a wonderful christian woman. is she lives less than 15 miles from my place.
Someone might link this post to the chainsaw group. Lots of hoosiers in there too. I do not have a clue as to how to do that.

I love this idea!

I am from Richmond. I have friends from Brown County and went along when one of them bought an 044 from a Martinsville pawn shop.

You ever hear of Wagler Bros. Excavation?

I don't have a good way to transport wood that far, but I could probably lend 2 good helping hands.

should we wait for snow to be 2 feet deep?

Right now it is way to muddy to get into the woods.Hopefully it will either freeze soon or dry up.
I have heard of Wagler Brothers. They do some trucking too.
don't worry about a truck. we can use my wifes grocery getter.as long as we are careful not to scratch it..
But it will be hard to plan out a weekend, not knowing the conditions prior to this grand event.
But we could always plan two dates. one being an alternate due to nasty conditions.

Please start this gtg as a new posting in chainsaw section. The link isnt getting me here.
I am about 5 hours away and wouldnt mind dropping in if it hits the right dates and weather.

Finally found it. If you are going to have cookie cutting, saw racing with different classes timed for fun. i woud like to know too over in the chainsaw section.
I would make a new posting over there and get your dates going, You will reach alot more over there, then you will with the link. I had trouble finding it over here myself. good luck, could be alot of fun.
We just had a little gtg here in ohio for just a couple close guys to gtg and run some hot saws. Alky saws were there too, wooooodoooogie

I have done this once before, and just to let you know, it's definately worth the time and effort. A guy from my church gives a lot of his time cutting and splitting firewood then giving it away to people who need it. So me and a few buddies went out in the woods and took a day to gather some wood for his stock pile. He was more in touch with who really needed it then I was.

Funny you should mention this now b/c I am in the middle of setting up another one of these events with a bunch of my buddies from the local college here. Half the fun for me is getting some of these city folk out and getting their hands dirty. Most of them like trying these new things, some just never had the oppertunity before. Now I just need to find some wood for us to cut. If I didn't live in up here in NY, I'd be threre in no time to help you guys out.

I am just hoping that the lady

That I am aiming this for is planning on burning wood next year. Her husband just died,. he was just 49 suddenly.
He was a retired state trooper. and a well respected person in the community and his church.
I had never met him personally. But she used to sell Pampered chef. and she put on a party that the wife and I hosted. and we sort of fell in love with her. so this is something that we can do as men to help her with her winter heating needs.

Latest posts

Back