Insert blower suggestions welcome...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lopro

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
As the cooler temps approach, I realize I need to tend to the blower on my fireplace insert. Last season, the blower would crawl to a start and was really noisy. Sometimes, it wouldn't turn much and would just sit there struggling to get get going and I would just switch it off.

So, are there any suggestions to revive this blower, or should I just replace it? Suggestions needed on what to do to service the blower. I can pull it out, but I'm not much for electrical repairs. I'm hoping I can just spray some WD-40 in the right places and she'll be back to normal. But if I need to replace it, so be it. It's been running pretty much all winter for the last 3 seasons.

My stove is a Morso 5660 insert with blower. This morning, I finally pulled it from underneath the stove and bypassed the thermometer switch. It seems to run without its usual slow start, but it's very noisy. I don't have much faith in it for the whole winter.

Other thing...if I have to replace the blower, do I have to get the manufacturers blower? The dealer gave me a quote of something like $260. I would love a cheaper alternative.IMG_2643.jpg

Make sure it is clean, my blower gets loud when its dirty. I blow out all the dust and ash with the air compressor.
If it starts good when the snap disk is bypassed but struggles otherwise the snap disk may be in need of repair or replacement. Maybe a loose connection, bad wire, or the snap disk needs to be repositioned to warmer part of the stove.

Make sure it is clean, my blower gets loud when its dirty. I blow out all the dust and ash with the air compressor.
If it starts good when the snap disk is bypassed but struggles otherwise the snap disk may be in need of repair or replacement. Maybe a loose connection, bad wire, or the snap disk needs to be repositioned to warmer part of the stove.

I'd look at disassembling the blower and see where the majority of the issue is. Most of the cheaper blowers use sleeve bushings instead of ball bearings and sometimes you can fix the issue by adding ball bearings.

Latest posts

Back