Inside the MS462C - Snellerized Style

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slight operator error? And may be not.
A combination of other thing perhaps?
Its happens to the best of us.
Happens when you reset the dogs low and you apply the same 'strength' you were at the end of the 'throw'. Body leverage thing. If it feels like you are applying the same strength then you have increased the pressure. May work ok to start with that 'strength' in that positionn cases but more teeth may soon start entering into play and that's when to to ease up a bit but can again increase nearing the top of the pull (end of throw).

He runs different gear all the time so it gets hard to gauge right of the bat. Small saw with small dogs is a lot less leverage from bottom point to the back handle.
He has leverage with that saw and dogs.

I can tell he wasn't used to those dogs yet.
He studded it on the log when he intended to go an 1" or so lower.

Whole different ball game when you increase the dogs alone.

Last two saws I got, one took 60 hours to fully break in the rings. It was night and day. First one even had a broken in bottom end on it already. I had to back off my filing. I almost took of the west coast dogs and went back to regular stock falling dogs as well. 10 days latter everything balanced to where I wanted it. Second one seemed a quicker break in but it could have been the fact I new It was going to break in and be good like her sister saw. Dry wood can play against you too. You but to much pressure on it, It,s like pressuring a dull saw. You can put a lot more pressure on a sharp saw.

Lots of variables that keep us thinking.
That's cutting. (saws)
If we had it all figured out then in a day then we wouldn't be doing it. Where is the challenge in that.

**Post under Edit
...pending
Yotaismygame deleted sumpin...

Finally another update. I installed the welded popup piston on Saturday and didn't like the way it ran. So, I went ahead and turned a popup in the original piston. I'm liking this much better and feel good about not having to add the addition reciprocating mass.

She’s a screamer! Now go empty the sawdust outta ye shoe before you go in the house, lol!

Brad,

That looks like those spikes are on the standard clutch cover? Just a little fitting required at the corners?

*This post was constructed in response to a quote.
He took his post down opon reading the thread and I took the quote out.

The Post stands!

WARNING!! educational content may be contained inside. ..or may not.
Now enjoy the story.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Slight operator error? ( I Suggested )And maybe not.
A combination of other thing perhaps?
It happens to the best of us.
Happens when you reset the dogs low and you apply the same 'strength' you were at the end of the 'throw'. Body leverage thing. If it feels like you are applying the same strength then you have increased the pressure. May work ok to start with that 'strength' in that position in cases but more teeth may soon start entering into play and that's when to ease up a bit(strength) but can again increase nearing the top of the pull (end of throw).
to maintain the same pressure.
He runs different gear all the time so it gets hard to gauge right of the bat. Small saw with small dogs is a lot less leverage from bottom point to the back handle.
He has leverage with that saw and dogs.

I can tell he wasn't used to those dogs yet.
He studded it on the log when he intended to go an 1" or so lower.

Whole different ball game when you increase the dogs alone.

Last two saws I got, one took 60 hours to fully break in the rings. It was night and day. First one even had a broken in bottom end on it already. I had to back off my filing. I almost took of the west coast dogs and went back to regular stock falling dogs as well. 10 days latter everything balanced to where I wanted it. Second one seemed a quicker break in but it could have been the fact I new It was going to break in and be good like her sister saw. Dry wood can play against you too. You put to much pressure on it, It,s LIKE pressuring a dull saw. You can put a lot more pressure on a sharp saw in green wood than a dull saw.

Lots of variables that keep us thinking.
That's cutting. (saws)
If we had it all figured out in a day then we wouldn't be doing it. Where is the challenge in that? Right.

**Edit

"In the Pocket" !

Back