Inside the MS462C - Snellerized Style

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad's daughter is nothing like him, she's pretty and smart,[emoji13] the groom is a very lucky man.

Now Brad if and when you need to test any saws in the near future, I know a guy.[emoji56]
Now THAT was funny, had me laughing out loud for real :)

Congratulations Brad great pics your SIL is a lucky guy
VERY lucky!!! ;)

Wow! I'm impressed already. The saw runs very strong right out of the box. The muffler is not choked up like we're used to. However, a simple muffler mod did make a noticeable difference. I then proceeded to advance the ignition timing about 8° and wow what a difference. This saw loves this simple mod. If I didn't know any better, I could believe that this saw was already ported. That just excites me to think what it's going to run like when it is!

Wow! I'm impressed already. The saw runs very strong right out of the box. The muffler is not choked up like we're used to. However, a simple muffler mod did make a noticeable difference. I then proceeded to advance the ignition timing about 8° and wow what a difference. This saw loves this simple mod. If I didn't know any better, I could believe that this saw was already ported. That just excites me to think what it's going to run like when it is!

how much percent do you increase the outlet?
Double the size of the original outlet?

Yah , that saw is “hot” out of the box stock ... assuming the same feed pressure by the operator, the cut times (with the muffler mod and then the muffler mod and timing advance) weren’t much quicker than stock (or the same or slower) .. sounds hi-strung with the 8+ deg advance (at least to my ears ) ... they are available in Canada like you see and with the wrap handle ... not sure about arctic or adj carb model but they are available in select countries

How much gain do you estimate can be attributed to break in?

I just got finished watching the video. The timing advance made a big difference. Does it work that good on a 261 ?

Here are some pics from this afternoon.

10-M.jpg

11-M.jpg

This before the powerhead had any fluids in it, completely dry.
6-M.jpg

Full of fuel an oil.
7-M.jpg

Wearing a 24" Tsumura Tought and Light B&C.
8-M.jpg

12-M.jpg

13-M.jpg

14-M.jpg

That's odd!
15-M.jpg

Not bad at all for a stock saw. No spark arrestor screen in this saw.
16-M.jpg

17-M.jpg

18-M.jpg

19-M.jpg

20-M.jpg

New small style plug.
9-M.jpg

Here are some pics from this afternoon.

10-M.jpg

11-M.jpg

This before the powerhead had any fluids in it, completely dry.
6-M.jpg

Full of fuel an oil.
7-M.jpg

Wearing a 24" Tsumura Tought and Light B&C.
8-M.jpg

12-M.jpg

13-M.jpg

14-M.jpg

That's odd!
15-M.jpg

Not bad at all for a stock saw. No spark arrestor screen in this saw.
16-M.jpg

17-M.jpg

18-M.jpg

19-M.jpg

20-M.jpg

New small style plug.
9-M.jpg
I would love to see the thermal imagines on the cylinder compared as they made changes to the muffler. Love how they cut the useless parts of the fins

Back