Inside the MS462C - Snellerized Style

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So because you think your observation with a stop watch, the timing advance didnt make a difference?
Lad.......it ain’t worth it.
He has been thrown off more forums for his BS ........
Twisted innuendo is the kindest thing you can say about him.
Just put him on ignore for a shorter more informative build thread or read his stuff and pity Fwank........

And it is one of the few times the number of likes....or lack there of in his case......means something

She runs good! as Brad said the saw behaves like a ported saw as is. We both took some video too, I'm sure Brad is editing as I type, I'm slower so it'll be a day or so for my video.

Hope everyone is having a nice holiday weekend.[emoji111]
ebc80117076c4d3a659a4f95ca1a03a6.jpg

Do you feel the torque is comparable to a ms461?

I ran a 461 for a few cuts years ago, so I can't tell you one way or the other. However I would say it has more torque than a 046. I personally don't know if I would even port a 462 after running this one. That said if porting gains are significant, this saw may be on a new level, but for me they need to be significant gains. I honestly don't know how much is left on the table, sure a bit more compression will help, and likely some transfer work, but with what I've seen and having talked to other builders, it's clear manufactures are listening in on all of us lol. Things like the squish bands and squish clearance in some of the newest saws are close to what you want in a ported saw stright from the factory, same with some of the port timing, this was not the case just a few years back. IMHO some of this started with the Dolmar 7900 and what they did with that saw, making it a factory hot rod with low weight for it's displacement, at the time that saw was a game changer in IMHO.

Lad.......it ain’t worth it.
He has been thrown off more forums for his BS ........
Twisted innuendo is the kindest thing you can say about him.
Just put him on ignore for a shorter more informative build thread or read his stuff and pity Fwank........

And it is one of the few times the number of likes....or lack there of in his case......means something
Plus one there the guy really needs to get a life .Instead of shooting down and criticising people trying to help others should be offering constructive criticism instead of BS

I ran a 461 for a few cuts years ago, so I can't tell you one way or the other. However I would say it has more torque than a 046. I personally don't know if I would even port a 462 after running this one. That said if porting the gains are significant, this saw may be on a new level, but for me they need to be significant gains. I honestly don't know how much is left on the table, sure a bit more compression will help, and likely some transfer work, but with what I've seen and having talked to other builders, it's clear manufactures are listening in on all of us lol. Things like the squish bands and squish clearance in some of the newest saws are close to what you want in a ported saw stright from the factory, same with some of the port timing, this was not the case just a few years back. IMHO some of this started with the Dolmar 7900 and what they did with that saw, making it a factory hot rod with low weight for it's displacement, at the time that saw was a game changer in IMHO.
I guess that’s good for us and bad for the porters. I wish this saw would get released in the US already. A couple years ago I was holding off buying a 461 for this saw. I’m glad I didn’t wait too long

Plus one there the guy really needs to get a life .Instead of shooting down and criticising people trying to help others should be offering constructive criticism instead of BS

Thanks for understanding that post.
I hate a learning thread that gets choked with BS.
I wasn’t going to post it or this.....but if others can realize it isn’t worth it to argue over nothing.
Thread stays short and informative.
Last I’ll say on the matter.

Back