Inside the Stihl MS500i - SNELLERIZED Style

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dealer says the TS 500i is a PITA, very small concrete dust gets sucked through the filter and blows up the ecu at a cost of $900 to repair.
Hopefully the filtration will be good and this won’t happen with sawdust, time will tell.
There is a YT vid where many litres of mix were run through the saw w/o the filter ever being cleaned/replaced . A torture test
of some sort...& the saw never missed a beat.

There is a YT vid where many litres of mix were run through the saw w/o the filter ever being cleaned/replaced . A torture test
of some sort...& the saw never missed a beat.

Wasn’t that in Scandinavia? I’d be interested to see how it filters in second growth or old growth Doug Fir the dust from it is something else and will get into everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn’t that in Scandinavia? I’d be interested to see how it filters in second growth or old growth Doug Fir the dust from it is something else and will get into everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes in EU but not sure of country. I could not believe what I was seeing. The filter was absolutely caked with crud, yet somehow the saw ran.
Lots of "Don't do this with your 500i" disclaimers

Back