Install heated handles on a model that doesn't come with it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildman ben

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to rig up heated handles on a saw that doesn't have it, a husqvarna saw? is it as simple as running a few wires and a switch? or is there more elements involved?

Yes it is on certain saws if you can find the parts landmark just did a 254 for me. Tor knows a bunch about heated handles also

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

the 390 requires case drilling/tapping to mount the generator if it was originally not a heated handle saw. other then that it's all bolt and play. the parts for the heat system are not cheap though. if you really cut in the cold and need them they are nice to have but if you don't need them they are more trouble then they are worth.

I know a guy who had that same wood stove in a '78 Caveman Camper.

i knew a group of 8 hippies who converted an old school bus to wood heat. they literally drove around my hometown with a chimney out the roof. lol lots of times it was burning and no one seemed to say anything. they left a couple years ago though. at the time i thought i wanted to buy a bus and do the same thing. now i'm quite happy in my geo thermal heated house lol

Latest posts

Back