Insurance Woes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ny finest

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I have a problem with finding affordable ins. coverage around here.
Any tip or reccomendations?The companies in this area seem to make it a point to rip us off($816/mo).I live in western NY,although I don't know if that means much to ins. co's.
Thanks any help would be appreciated

What are you insuring? A little more specifics might help us determine if you are really getting ripped off.

Are we talking liability, commercial auto, inland marine,etc?

Just 1mil liability ins
since there are only a handful of carriers nationwide I thought there would be a common carrier that was affordable.

We pay ~$240.00 per month just for the liability($1 million), plus comp etc. I cant imagine $800+ per month. I'm not at the office now but I can look to see what company we are with tomorrow and let you know. I am located in CNY so I cant imagine that a 2 hour drive can equate to $600 more a month.

Just for liability, that does seem like a lot, but if you have a large payroll or high gross reciepts (depending on how your company determines premium). The old adage " the more you make the more they take".

Possibly being penalized for less than 3 years experience or poor claims history?

Could be a combination of all of the aforementioned factors or you could just be getting screwed by your agent who chose the most expensive quote in order to increase his commission.

Back