ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Internet strangers

Would you give an Internet stranger your home address and eat their home cooked goods that they sent

• Yes I would give them my address and eat their food.

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Yes I would give them my address but I would toss the food because I wouldn’t trust it.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I would never give my home address nor would I consume home cooked food from an Internet stranger

Votes: 23 60.5%

• Total voters
unclemoustache

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
Did you really expect a member that’s been here a month and has no idea who you are (I’m assuming she/he doesn’t) to take homemade cookies from you and give you his/her address?

Since the Internet is such a wonderful and trustworthy place, pm me your address. I make a home made Italian sausage and breakfast sausage to die for. I’ll send you some free of charge to try out. Same offer for @capetrees.

This from the OP in another thread - an offer for home made goods.

I would take him up on it, except he seems rather cynical and condescending.

And this is what makes some people trustworthy and untrustworthy. I've never met most of the people here on AS (and don't even know most of their real names), but you get to know a person after a while and become good friends, even if through a computer. Character shines through everything, unless one is REALLY good at deception, and the few people I have met have all met my expectations.

Except for pdqdl - he was a bit different. He comes across as kind of cynical, but in real life he's a big happy grin.

But I'll offer it again here - I have a lovely little airbnb next to my home. Any AS member passing through is welcome to stay there for a huge discount, and we can go over to my shop and play with chainsaws and my sawmill.

sean donato

sean donato

Addicted to ArboristSite
Besides saws 1/5 scale rc is a big passion of mine. Guys that run these (2 stroke powered btw) are far and few between. like here, I havent met hardly any of them in person, but most are good guys/gals, and most I would give my address to and have their address. In the great scheme of things it doesnt really matter. My screen name is my name, which is very searchable. I dont live under the illusion that this is private information. I lost that when I was given a clearance card, I needed for a former job. I was handed the card with a chip on it (this was years before the credit card chips) and told it knows everything about me, dont loose it. Being through tons of background checks, due to the work I did, I realized nothing is private.
So in a response to your poll, I would conditionally say yes, I would in fact give my address out to an internet stranger, if I thought them to be of good character, and were in good standing with the forum.

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
Besides sales 1/5 scale rc is a big passion of mine. Guys that run these (2 stroke powered btw) are far and few between. like here, I havent met hardly any of them in person, but most are good guys/gals, and most I would give my address to and have their address. In the great scheme of things it doesnt really matter. My screen name is my name, which is very searchable. I dont live under the illusion that this is private information. I lost that when I was given a clearance card, I needed for a former job. I was handed the card with a chip on it (this was years before the credit card chips) and told it knows everything about me, dont loose it. Being through tons of background checks, due to the work I did, I realized nothing is private.
So in a response to your poll, I would conditionally say yes, I would in fact give my address out to an internet stranger, if I thought them to be of good character, and were in good standing with the forum.
And I would gladly send you some of my cookies! :cheers:

lone wolf

lone wolf

MS 200T King
I hear what you’re saying, and that’s fine as long as you’re cautious about other things that you say. An example being, there was just a member here that put his full name and address for all to see and then broadcasts live when he is away with his family on vacation. I see it as just opening the door to the evils of the Internet.

Someone that you‘ve never even interacted with may see this and take advantage of it. In my opinion, it’s just not a wise thing to do, but to each their own.

Would you eat home cooked food from a member of your RC site when you never really had an interaction with the person offering it prior to that? As a new member, would you give them your address and consume their food?

There’s lots of red flags that pop up for me when people do this, couple that with a blocked profile and I tend to lean towards that the person isn’t being generous, but after information.
Why does it all matter if you aint going to do it anyway?

Del_

Career arborist
I hear what you’re saying, and that’s fine as long as you’re cautious about other things that you say. An example being, there was just a member here that put his full name and address for all to see and then broadcasts live when he is away with his family on vacation. I see it as just opening the door to the evils of the Internet.

Someone that you‘ve never even interacted with may see this and take advantage of it. In my opinion, it’s just not a wise thing to do, but to each their own.

Would you eat home cooked food from a member of your RC site when you never really had an interaction with the person offering it prior to that? As a new member, would you give them your address and consume their food?

There’s lots of red flags that pop up for me when people do this, couple that with a blocked profile and I tend to lean towards that the person isn’t being generous, but after information.

Wow her rejection of your advances must have really cut deeply.