ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Internet strangers

Would you give an Internet stranger your home address and eat their home cooked goods that they sent

• Yes I would give them my address and eat their food.

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Yes I would give them my address but I would toss the food because I wouldn’t trust it.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I would never give my home address nor would I consume home cooked food from an Internet stranger

Votes: 23 60.5%

• Total voters
unclemoustache

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
My mother-in-law makes some wonderful Christmas cookies from her mothers recipe. There are 4 different kinds - Pfeffernusse, Date pinwheels, some kind of filled and glazed thingy, and some mint cookies. They are all wonderful, but the mint is rather special. Previously only her mother was able to make the mint ones just right, and everyone else who tried just couldn't quite do it. When grandma passed away several years ago, I thought I would never get to eat them again, and mentioned that sad affair to my MIL.
Well, my MIL decided to give it the old college try, so she contacted her relatives, and found out one of her nephews had the secret, so he gave her the recipe with all of the hints and tricks. After a couple tries she got it just right, including having to find baking ammonia, which is not too common anymore.

But wait - there's more! My father-in-law grew up on a farm in central WA, where they grew grapes which they sold to Welches (or some big company like that) and also mint. When those grandparents finally died, my in-laws got a couple jars of mint from the estate (along with much else). Well, the mint cookies from the grandmother on one side of the family was made with the mint grown by the grandfather on the other side of the family!! How cool is that?

Mint on the left, date pinwheels above them, pfeffernusse to the right, and honigkuchen below.

1609279539972.png

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
That is a cool story! ... and a fabulous holiday tradition
Cookies look delicious. :yes:
I have some Sicilian recipes that call for bakers ammonia. I tried it once for my fig cookie dough, but couldn't get past the smell. I use the American baking powder, same result, but the Sicilians will disagree. :laugh:

capetrees

capetrees

Tree Freak
I believe the poll doesn’t accurately reflect people’s trust in internet strangers for the reasons I just stated. At the start, I didn’t clearly define what I meant by an internet stranger, that established online relationships are not part of the definition. Also, there’s confusion that the poll is directed at a particular member and because of that, there was voting done with emotion and the need to defend said member. Because of those emotions, it resulted in an untruthful vote.
plus some just want to bone her.

windthrown

windthrown

361 Junkie
You forgot she wanted to send you a check to cash also and keep most of it for your troubles.

Oh yes, mosting fortunately I will be sending a checker for the desire amount of cash in however currency that you deem necessary for your completion. I look most forwarding to our being close partners in your bank accounting. The foods you keeping for free over the house. Blessings bee with you always.

svk

Saw Hoarder
Oh yes, mosting fortunately I will be sending a checker for the desire amount of cash in however currency that you deem necessary for your completion. I look most forwarding to our being close partners in your bank accounting. The foods you keeping for free over the house. Blessings bee with you always.
Jeez you missed the internet stranger that was around here for a few days.

windthrown

windthrown

361 Junkie
Jeez you missed the internet stranger that was around here for a few days.

Well, does this interesting stranger be having a banking account in your famous country? If so have him to be giving me access to it so that I may deposit the sum of $100 trillion dollars Zimbabwe into it for him to be sharing. Otherwise I not be having any access to Americanizing banks, as I am the only survival daughter of one disposed dictator in Afrika.

Zimbabwe 100 Trillion Dollar Banknote, 2008, AA Series, NEW - 100Trillions.com

Note to you Americaners, this is not be a pooping cow on above watermark. It is tail of buffalo. Not poop!

• Haha
Reactions: svk

svk

Saw Hoarder
Well, does this interesting stranger be having a banking account in your famous country? If so have him to be giving me access to it so that I may deposit the sum of $100 trillion dollars Zimbabwe into it for him to be sharing. Otherwise I not be having any access to Americanizing banks, as I am the only survival daughter of one disposed dictator in Afrika.

Zimbabwe 100 Trillion Dollar Banknote, 2008, AA Series, NEW - 100Trillions.com
Nope just a repetitive troll. He did call you out specifically in one of his attempts to troll.