Introducing myself. Saw pics!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pantz27

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey everyone glad I stumbled upon this forum! I have learned a lot from you guys just browsing and have finally became a member.
A little about me I'm 28 and have past experience in Indy car racing, professional go kart racing and now work as a machinist. This has been a fun little hobby of mine that I'm really starting to get into!!

I have a few saws I have bought that will be projects over the next few months. My main ones being a Stihl 075, 031,029,021,011. Echo 302s, craftsman 3.7 and a husqvarna 353e. For the 029 and 021 I feel I will need to aquire some little parts. Throttle linkage, choke(start/stop lever) and a new coil for the 029. the 021 is missing everything from the carb back as far as carb, filter, linkage I have a box of parts I got from the gentleman but I'm not counting on everything being in there. The 075 needs a deco valve, I'm hoping it isn't stripped and I don't need a new head. I'd appreciate some help locating websites to find parts. Or if any members have parts for sale or parts saws for sale that could be an option as well. I have been looking on eBay and Amazon as well as just basic searches for what I need. Any advice as far as products to stay away from I don't want to buy a cheap coil vs a genuine coil and have it malfunction but if they work similar I'd probably go the cheaper route.

Enough rambling here's some saws! You guys enjoy the rest of your 4th of July weekend!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 84
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 84
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 70
Hey everyone glad I stumbled upon this forum! I have learned a lot from you guys just browsing and have finally became a member.
A little about me I'm 28 and have past experience in Indy car racing, professional go kart racing and now work as a machinist. This has been a fun little hobby of mine that I'm really starting to get into!!

I have a few saws I have bought that will be projects over the next few months. My main ones being a Stihl 075, 031,029,021,011. Echo 302s, craftsman 3.7 and a husqvarna 353e. For the 029 and 021 I feel I will need to aquire some little parts. Throttle linkage, choke(start/stop lever) and a new coil for the 029. the 021 is missing everything from the carb back as far as carb, filter, linkage I have a box of parts I got from the gentleman but I'm not counting on everything being in there. The 075 needs a deco valve, I'm hoping it isn't stripped and I don't need a new head. I'd appreciate some help locating websites to find parts. Or if any members have parts for sale or parts saws for sale that could be an option as well. I have been looking on eBay and Amazon as well as just basic searches for what I need. Any advice as far as products to stay away from I don't want to buy a cheap coil vs a genuine coil and have it malfunction but if they work similar I'd probably go the cheaper route.

Enough rambling here's some saws! You guys enjoy the rest of your 4th of July weekend!!
Greetings!
The 075 has two style decompression valves. I'm betting you need the smaller early style with a 13mm hex drive. I have several new later style ones if you are interested. There is a small metal nose seal ring as well that must be used too, or it will leak.
The 021 and 031 are, imo, not too peppy of saws. But if you are learning, are good to tinker with I suppose.

Latest posts

Back