Introducing the New Chainmeister

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And here we have fat brother vise
with two new models, one bare metal and one painted black.

DSCF0252.jpg

I was able to find a company who could do the cutting, drilling, tapping, welding and assembly under one roof. They send them out to a specialty firm for a durable, corrosion resistant powder-coating black.

I liked the look of the bare metal, and I know there are a lot of arborists who live in coastal areas, so we had a limited run of these done in stainless steel. These should be around generations from now.

Also, since I had to have a knob company make the knobs to an exact length for these clamps, I spent a few extra cents per knob to have the threaded stud portion made in stainless steel.

I was willing to modify the design to get your price down, but I was not willing to skimp on the overall quality and durability. I want these to last you the rest of your life. I want them to work so that every time you use them you will be glad you bought them.

Normally, the saw sits on the bench and is secured with the clamps for sharpening.

Why I took this photo with the saw suspended in the air, I really don't know.

elevate.jpg

For small saws, only one clamp is necessary.
For your bars 18 through 42 inches and up, I highly recommend two. This stabilizes the bar from any movement, which is essential for accurate sharpening.

Here is a 36" bar being clamped.
All my spare chains were sharp on this day, and this 36" chain I was using just needed a touchup, so no need to use the ChainMeister.

The ChainMeister, however, was mounted onto the 24" bar I exchanged off this saw.
When I need the 24" back on this saw, the ChainMeister will go onto the 36" bar. There it will keep the chain mounted on the bar and I can sharpen it when I have a convenient time to do so. Otherwise it keeps the bar and chain mounted and readied on the bar for an immediate swap when that time comes around.

36inch.jpg

Shortly, I will share some extended advantages and uses, beyond just stretching a chain on a bar without a chainsaw.
I promised you this earlier.

Extended use. The ChainMeister's purpose is to mount a chain so you can sharpen it. That's all it does.

In the above scenario, the ChainMeister becomes a valuable convenience in facilitating a process, the process of swapping bars. This is a very important part of coexisting with a larger-sized chainsaw, or a number of saws. This spells 'professional use' because homeowners don't use big saws, or a number of them, or have varying lengths of bars and chains. This makes the ChainMeister a "Professionals-only" tool.
Professionals use their saws to earn a living, so it is of the utmost importance to have your moneymaking tool giving you the very most it can give.

Down-time on a saw can mean money lost, so anything the Professional can do to keep his saw giving all it can give, with minimal down-time, the more profitable and smooth your business is. The ChainMeister acts to be one of the tools to help keep down-time managed in your favor. I would like to share a real-life example of the ChainMeister giving the professional saw guy this said "extended advantages and uses, beyond just stretching a chain on a bar"

It was a crane job.
crane01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back