Introducing the new Log Splitter Line from DHT (Dirty Hand Tools)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't wanna meet you in a dark alley if you pick those up and split em horizontally.

Oh, no way. That is one of the beauties of the tilt, we bust a bunch of them in half, maybe thirds, on the vertical position and then switch to horizontal.

DHT is a very good company to deal with. I have had no problems with the 1st one we purchased once I got the bugs worked out. Notice I said 1st I purchased the 2nd 22 ton yesterday. Originally my FIL and I planned to share one and we did but it became a hassle to haul it back and forth so I purchased the second . I highly recommend this splitter I have yet to put a piece of wood on it that it cannot handle . For a firewood hack who splits 6-10 cord a year I'd say it is hard to beat.

Scott

I agree- DHT is a great company to work with and Carolyn does a great job and has not let me down. I have two DHT splitters- a 22t and a 28t. I have processed at least 50 full cord with them in less than a year. I love the vert/hor options- as with everything, there is compromise and this is one I'm happy to make. I could have bought a TW5 or any other splitter on the market but why? I can buy at least 6 of these for the same price. They have a great warranty and a great company that stands behind the product. Plus, wood splitters don't die, they just get rebuilt, which is what I will do if things go wrong once the warranty is over. Plus, like all wood splitters, they have good resale. There's a 22t listed locally for $850 (80% of purchase if not bought on sale) and a local firewood guy was having trouble moving a TW5 with log lift and 4 way for $3500 (46% of purchase price)- probably b/c there is a much smaller market for the commercial unit and fewer people willing to shell out big $$ for a piece of equipment that will see just a few hours of use each year. pics of the 28t at the butt pile.IMG_1947.JPG IMG_1948.JPG IMG_1949.JPG IMG_1950.JPG

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the specs on the 35T commercial unit and hoping that it is priced competitively.

Weesa20 it is funny that you mentioned Carolyn. I bought my splitter thru HD and she called me this afternoon to thank me for the purchase and to let me know it was on the way. That reaffirmed to me that I made the right choice.

Back