ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Introducing the new Log Splitter Line from DHT (Dirty Hand Tools)

Discussion in 'Firewood, Heating and Wood Burning Equipment' started by DHT, May 1, 2013.

1. Machria

Machria ArboristSite Lurker

Anyone else get of these 22 ton units, comments...?

DHT, I assume all the units selling now have hte re-directed filter line....?

2. Machria

Machria ArboristSite Lurker

Love the WHITE button down dress shirt for splitting wood! :clap: Either your not married OR, you received some "scolding" when you came in that day? :msp_wink:

Any update, hows it going?

3. stihl023/5

stihl023/5 Addicted to ArboristSite

So since TSC is out is there any other places selling them in N. Michigan?

4. apn73

apn73 ArboristSite Operative

That's one of the benefits of having a company president interacting in an open forum with his target market. Say something even slightly negative and he's on it.

5. rollon

rollon ArboristSite Lurker

I won't try to change anyone's mind about trying to shakedown DHT. However, what I have walked away from this experience with is that DHT is not only a company willing to take advise from customers but potential customers. And, if the occasion arises that a customer may have a problem they are going to go out of their way to make it right.

If DHT continues to run their business with this in mind they are going to be around a long time.

6. Jedc43

Jedc43 ArboristSite Lurker

It all sounds good to me but I would like to see more reviews on the operation of this product. I was really interested in buying this unit but I think I will wait till next year...looks like I am renting again. Please, anyone who has bought this product, give us a full review.

7. rollon

rollon ArboristSite Lurker

Okay, that's fair. It is a busy time at work for me so if I am able I will post a review. I've only put 8 cords through mine but will try to give as much information as possible.

8. splitter77

splitter77 ArboristSite Lurker

I am not sure about about which stores physically stock them, that may be a question for DHT but you can also get them shipped to you direct: DHT Log Splitters

They look very similar to an Iron & Oak but don't have the fenders or the bolt on tires. (Or the price tag!)

9. Oliver1655

Oliver1655 Addicted to ArboristSite

Dedicated Horizontal Splitters

DHT - Are you planning to add dedicated horizontal splitters to your line in the future?
    If so: Outfeed tables, log lift, comfortable beam height ~ 34", cycle times < 10 sec, oil cooler, ...
    (I hate having to work bent over! Picking splits back up off the ground is not an option!)

I rarely see these splitters at box stores. If one would have been available I would have considered it strongly. Instead I ended up building my own. I have folks asking where they could find one like mine & other than ordering one off the internet, I wouldn't know. There just isn't a source locally in mid-Mo.

If you do add dedicated horizontal splitters to your inventory, I would be very happy to send folks your way.

10. DHT

DHT ArboristSite.com Sponsor

Thanks Oliver. We will certainly consider such a model in the future, and happily run it by the forum!

11. blades

blades Addicted to ArboristSite

Hey I resent that , I got a lot of left over white shirts just like from back in the day, got to wear them out some how. Kinda like the cloth diapers from the kids, made great spill picker uppers ( yes, they were laundered before their new function.).

12. keenan13

keenan13 New Member

27 Ton

Just wanted to add some pictures for people who may be interested in the 27 ton dirty hand tools log splitter

13. keenan13

keenan13 New Member

14. keenan13

keenan13 New Member

I thought people might be curious to know what the crate looks like i know i was

15. HARRY BARKER

HARRY BARKER ArboristSite Guru

really?

16. deranged

deranged ArboristSite Member

I have a complaint regarding mine;

I haven't got to use it enough.

Works great, had time to do the first oil change on the engine, figured I'd warm it up first, that Kohler fired up on the second pull after sitting for probably 6 weeks. Excellent choice on the engine. Things has split everything I have put in front of it with ease. I plan on using it this weekend, so I will get some pictures of it and my move it around set-up.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2013
  17. stihl sawing

stihl sawing MAD DOG

18. DHT

DHT ArboristSite.com Sponsor

Happy New Year everyone! We just wanted to let everyone know that our DHT 27 Ton Kohler powered Log Splitter unit is now stocked at all Menards stores. Right now there is an 11% rebate available on everything in the store, power equipment included! Happy Splitting! Cheers.

19. Jedc43

Jedc43 ArboristSite Lurker

That's great but doesn't help me in Massachusettes..... I guess that they are not flying off the shelves yet. Its to bad that the area of the country that uses splitters the most does not have a store that stocks these units

20. Flying

Flying ArboristSite Lurker

I'm looking at the 28 ton splitter. Could you post a pic of the 4 way wedge again. I can't seem to be able to see the one you already posted. Also when I purchase it if it doesn't have the 90 on the pump how would I go about to get one? Where can I purchase the accessories for it? Everywhere I have looked doesn't carry them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk