Introducing the new Log Splitter Line from DHT (Dirty Hand Tools)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still interested

I am still in the Market for a splitter...still interested in this model but waiting for it to hit the New England Area...hope it arrives soon or I will probably go with the Husky or the Rugged Split out of Rockland Mass..I have been checking the DHT website periodically but everything is still under construction...ah decisions decisions

I am still in the Market for a splitter...still interested in this model but waiting for it to hit the New England Area...hope it arrives soon or I will probably go with the Husky or the Rugged Split out of Rockland Mass..I have been checking the DHT website periodically but everything is still under construction...ah decisions decisions

Currently available @ LogSplittersDirect.com, powerequipmentdirect.com/, Amazon, select TSC stores. We are in the final stages of getting a dealer agreement in New England. Once it is official we can let you know.

Also will be online special order at Menards, Lowes and HomeDepot within the next month. Shoot us a PM if you have any other questions on where to get one!

2000lb does not a ton make, a short ton maybe, but not a real ton, 1 ton = 20cwt = 2240lb, american maths shortchanging folks again, lol
That's interesting, last time I checked you guys measure in metric tonnes and those are 2204 lbs., or is 1000 kg? The only people that use the long ton are maritime types, of which I used to be. US company advertising tons is always assumed to be short ton, no bad on DHT's part.

Currently available @ LogSplittersDirect.com, powerequipmentdirect.com/, Amazon, select TSC stores. We are in the final stages of getting a dealer agreement in New England. Once it is official we can let you know.

Also will be online special order at Menards, Lowes and HomeDepot within the next month. Shoot us a PM if you have any other questions on where to get one!

No home depot crap for me thanks.

Currently available @ LogSplittersDirect.com, powerequipmentdirect.com/, Amazon, select TSC stores. We are in the final stages of getting a dealer agreement in New England. Once it is official we can let you know....

Yes please do

Follow Up

Any word on the N.E. dealer agreement?

Looking for Reviews

I found a couple of reviews on logspltterdirect.com . They were favorable but looking for a bigger sampling..Has anyone heard anything positive or negative on these units yet? I figured their would be more by now..
thx,
Jed

I found a couple of reviews on logspltterdirect.com . They were favorable but looking for a bigger sampling..Has anyone heard anything positive or negative on these units yet? I figured their would be more by now..
thx,
Jed

I've been happy with mine, although I haven't used it as much I would have liked to yet. No complaints.

Jed

Please PM us with your contact information including address and we will put you in touch with the dealer nearest you that will have the product.

Though our store test with TSC was highly successful they have elected to stick with the "lesser" supplier that they have now after leveraging our successful test to work them down on cost. No worries for us we have plenty of opportunities to get our product to the people!!

Thanks,
DHT

I tried Menards, Lowes, and HD website tool finder or locator, you guys dont exist in their data base for some reason. Plenty of Swishers at these stores though.

Finally found a 28 ton model at LogSplitters Direct, backordered until later in Sept. , but at least available then.

Last edited:
I tried Menards, Lowes, and HD website tool finder or locator, you guys dont exist in their data base for some reason. Plenty of Swishers at these stores though.

Finally found a 28 ton model at LogSplitters Direct, backordered until later in Sept. , but at least available then.

REJ,

Getting set up online with the big boxes takes a surprising amount of work, red tape, and longer than we would like. We hope to everyone online shortly. As soon as they become available we will let everyone know. We love the fact that we have so many folks looking out for us, its a great testament to this forum.....part of the reason why we love it so!

DHT

DHT 28 ton cycle time is 10.5 seconds
DHT 27 ton cycle time is 14 seconds, as published per DHT website. The 28 ton with the 9.5 Kolher motor is what im eyeing. Its $300 more than the 27 ton but still affordable at $1,700.

Whats the availablilty on these? Looking at speeco but these look interesting.

Good for you Butch!!!

not everyone...

Butch,

Thank you for being savvy enough to know that "finished" in the USA does not mean "Made in the USA! Far from it... You are quite correct Sir - not all log-splitters are fabricated and "partially" assembled in China. My friends and I are fanatics about buying our outdoor products that are made here - when we can find them. We all use ______ log-splitters that are actually produced in the USA! The engines are Made in the USA. Look at the quality of the welds - the powder painting - the heavy duty I-Beam construction - and the Made in the USA Flag! Not "assembled" in the USA like on the competition. And the only reason they are "assembled" here is to save money on ocean freight! Thanks for not being fooled butch. We love our American made ______ splitters and would not consider using anything else.

USAmadeforme

Last edited by a moderator:
I am really sorry for being honest in my last posting

I just found out this morning that the name of the USA made splitter company that my friends and prefer to use has been removed from my comments since the company I referenced - does not support/advertise on this web-site. I guess this will be my final post as I can not see myself spending time on a site where you need to "pay to play". I was even told by someone that it was in "bad taste" to reference another brand on the thread I happened to respond to. Well - there were many references to SPEECO on that same thread. Oh wait one minute - I see why that is A-OK - SPEECO is also a paid advertiser. That explains it all. So have fun people - I and my friends will enjoy what we do in Texas - supporting and using American made products whenever we are able. And, telling the truth about them and how they perform. See y'all down the road!

USAmadeforme - over and out!

Butch,

Thank you for being savvy enough to know that "finished" in the USA does not mean "Made in the USA! Far from it... You are quite correct Sir - not all log-splitters are fabricated and "partially" assembled in China. My friends and I are fanatics about buying our outdoor products that are made here - when we can find them. We all use ______ log-splitters that are actually produced in the USA! The engines are Made in the USA. Look at the quality of the welds - the powder painting - the heavy duty I-Beam construction - and the Made in the USA Flag! Not "assembled" in the USA like on the competition. And the only reason they are "assembled" here is to save money on ocean freight! Thanks for not being fooled butch. We love our American made ______ splitters and would not consider using anything else.

USAmadeforme

Back