Introducing the Stihl BR800C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conquistador3

Le Comte de Frou Frou
Reaction score
I needed a new backpack blower so I shopped around a bit and, as amazing as it may sound, Stihl won over Echo and Shindaiwa because it was cheaper. :eek:
And here it is.

i-2ZCBsCX-XL.jpg
i-39nsV9T-XL.jpg

To satisfy my mordid curiosity it's made in the USA:
i-QHL7kbq-XL.jpg

I have about a hour and a half on it to date, so what are the first impressions?
First, it's heavier than any other blower I've used, so be sure to spend some time adjusting the straps. Second, the flow is completely different from the Japanese products I am accustomed to: it feels like a super BR600. Not much volume but more air speed than you can possibly imagine. It will require a few hours to re-adjust my brain.
Third, despite the displacement it uses very little fuel. The joys of 4-Mix. ;)
Fourth, this thing
i-2j8kPbC-XL.jpg

It will take a century getting used to it. :laugh:

I bought one of those 800’s from a person on Facebook for $300 wasn’t even 6 months old . I love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One day you people should tell me how you land those deals.
Too often it is just cheaper to buy new...

I was just searching Facebook and craigslist for a few weeks for a blower . Got up to use the bathroom about 1:30am and saw it was posted 10 mins ago, so I messaged them up and said I wanted it and would be there in the morning . I got a 1yo ms261 for $150 the same way . Some people don’t know what they got

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back