Iowa Fall 2012 GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nstueve

Makita Freak!
Reaction score
Iowa Fall 2012 GTG - Norwalk

Just feeling out what kind of crowd would be up for a Iowa GTG near Des Moines. Post if if interested! I was thinking October would work. I have help if there is interest... I only have a couple acres but can pack it up with logs!

For those that have gone to Mitch's Fall GTG before; he's got a baby on the way and has agreed to let me host one...

Post up if you're in!

Last edited:
sounds like the Jasper AR is Oct 19-21st... Maybe space it this one out and into the last week of Sept???

Last edited:
Just feeling out what kind of crowd would be up for a Iowa GTG near Des Moines. Post if if interested! I was thinking October would work. I have help if there is interest... I only have a couple acres but can pack it up with logs!

For those that have gone to Mitch's Fall GTG before; he's got a baby on the way and has agreed to let me host one...

Post up if you're in!

What would the day consist of? I may be intersted.

Brother and I would surely like to come, barring no complications.

Ron

Ron sir!
Will give you a chance to run my stumpbroke 372bb and the 346 I built, hope I'll have the pp655 done by then! Back on 40s I hear? Bet you will like that!

hmm... How does October 6 or November 9th sound? I know November sounds like a ways off but it would give me more time to prepare and the weather would definatly be cool for bonfires and cutting. Also the crops will be out so those that farm need not worry about making it! Otherwise October 6th sounds good to jump in the middle of the other GTG's...

Even if it's a small band of us Iowa guys and a few others we'd make it work.

I can make a couple more batches of home brew by then to provide...:msp_thumbsup:

Where the heck is ancy??? I know he wanted to come.

Wendel,
Yes there will be bacon!

And for all those that like PIE...(cough cough randy) I'll help my wife make 6 or more (depending on numbers) for all to share... How long will it take mastermind to find the word PIE????

Last edited:
I'm in:hmm3grin2orange:

October sounds better to me than November but since you guys take the burden on of setting it up I will be cool with what you choose:msp_tongue:

You had me at home brew....but....

Oct.=bow hunting but will try to make it work!

sounds like october will be the good date to head for...

ancy,
if you have your state wide any sex tag I'll scare up some ground for us Friday night! I have 3 home brews on hand now and maybe upi to 5 by gtg time! got a brown, vanilla creame ale, a light honey right now... Thinking a dark porter and/or hefeweisen!

Man... Randy is taking a while to sniff out the pie!

sounds like october will be the good date to head for...

ancy,
if you have your state wide any sex tag I'll scare up some ground for us Friday night! I have 3 home brews on hand now and maybe upi to 5 by gtg time! got a brown, vanilla creame ale, a light honey right now... Thinking a dark porter and/or hefeweisen!

Man... Randy is taking a while to sniff out the pie!

Named my middle one Porter:rock:

I will be enroute to (or from) the Black Hills at about that time in Oct. The reason for my journey dictates having a small fleet of saws on board as well. I would be thrilled if srcarr52 showed up with his home brewed mill... cuz I really need a crash course on the whole chainsaw milling thing.

i just got an alaskan mill myself and wouldn't mind learning more... I have tons of tall trees and wouldn't mind learning or given a tutorial on how to climb! There will be plenty of logs laid out horizontal of course for us all. Campfires the night before or the night of is fine with me... I know we have some possible cedar coming for a milling tutorial...

I know someone asked what all will be going on...

Sat morning breakfast and then whatever we want the rest of the day... If I get this together in time I'll need input on what to do during the day. If you have interests all are welcome! This will only be my second GTG... Suggestions are welcome!

I might have a professionally trained arborist that went to school for quite some time to learn about trees and how to take care of them...

Latest posts

Back