Iowa Fall 2012 GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jasper = Southern (same thing) date listed above

Kentucky's date is listed above

Iowa's Fall GTG - is yet to be determined but my new place is a possibility for October 5th or October 12th. I'm assuming it will be more of a swap meet, BSing party, with some race cants involved. If someone has the ability to throw a Iowa Fall GTG together more power to them!

Would the GTG be open to anyone or is it invitation only?

longbowch - you are buddies with Kris (nogoinback) in Watertown, we may have some stuff to exchange in the near future based on my conversations with Kris in Baraboo last weekend.

If the GTG happens, and we are both able to attend, that may be a perfect occasion to make the switch.

Nathan - I like the idea of a working GTG, we all get to use saws and such, and instead of leaving you with a big mess to clean up you get some help with the property improvement.

If we need some sticks just for playing chainsaw, I can bring a trailer load of pine logs from say 6" up to 12-16" in diameter, 8-12' long.

Mark

So the "Southern GTG" is in Arkansas? :dizzy: Anybody planning one for Va or surrounding anytime soon? I can't make the Kentucky one this year.

longbowch - you are buddies with Kris (nogoinback) in Watertown, we may have some stuff to exchange in the near future based on my conversations with Kris in Baraboo last weekend.

If the GTG happens, and we are both able to attend, that may be a perfect occasion to make the switch.

Nathan - I like the idea of a working GTG, we all get to use saws and such, and instead of leaving you with a big mess to clean up you get some help with the property improvement.

If we need some sticks just for playing chainsaw, I can bring a trailer load of pine logs from say 6" up to 12-16" in diameter, 8-12' long.

Mark

The working GTG is the pre GTG which would be open for anyone who wants to come and work all weekend for a few slices a pizza.

"MMMM... pine," says my 394.

The working GTG is the pre GTG which would be open for anyone who wants to come and work all weekend for a few slices a pizza.

"MMMM... pine," says my 394.

That 394 child is too fat to work according to the rules I laid down... Unless we're talking mill work in which case we might let you bring two runners. Dolmar and makita's can join in any number they choose since they are the fat kids I like... :msp_tongue:

We can do a pre-gtg, mini gtg, swap meet gtg, whatever you want to call it... Should I ask about some more fish from Kodiak,AK again??? We can pick any date we want after 9/12 when we close on the house... If y'all aren't cuttin yet you could use it to break in new rings, or tune a couple saws for fall!

Last edited:
Really???

Guess there isn't much interest in an Iowa GTG this year after setting this thread afloat and no responses...

I does look that way................... sad but true

I would try one on the east side of the river but I am betting it would be no fun for most as It would be completely primitive.

That's ok... Putting on a gtg is a lot of work and there are 2-3 great out of state GTG's this fall. I'm sure I'll still see a few of you this fall at the new house!

Sticks and rocks??

No toilet paper??

Somewhat

Primitive in the fact that there is no electricity, no potable water, if it is wet no cars, camping would be OK but remember what is not available. The site would be only accessible after the beans are cut and it would be a one mile drive across a field, over a creek and into a cattle pasture.

Bill

Somewhat

Primitive in the fact that there is no electricity, no potable water, if it is wet no cars, camping would be OK but remember what is not available. The site would be only accessible after the beans are cut and it would be a one mile drive across a field, over a creek and into a cattle pasture.

Bill

Sweet all you need is a Tractor powered shuttle ;)

Back