Iowa Fall GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully I don't duplicate some of these:msp_mellow:

Pizza at Mark's

attachment.php

JoshH and Mark's trailer load.

attachment.php

Couple of Mojim's saws

attachment.php

Some of mine

attachment.php

Random

attachment.php

Last edited:
Steve Stokes running an old Clinton.

[video=youtube_share;vYI9nmTbrAA]http://youtu.be/vYI9nmTbrAA[/video]

If I remember right, this saw had a float carb. The whole rear handle assembly is one with the carb and rotates to cut on its side.

Steve Stokes running an old Clinton.

[video=youtube_share;vYI9nmTbrAA]http://youtu.be/vYI9nmTbrAA[/video]

I would guess back in the day if you had that saw you were the man to have one of them power saws and then as watching the video you can see scarr attacking the bigger wood with a modern saw like it was a hot knife through butter. The contrast of improvment on chain saws is quite amazing in speed and weight reduction:clap:

I would guess back in the day if you had that saw you were the man to have one of them power saws and then as watching the video you can see scarr attacking the bigger wood with a modern saw like it was a hot knife through butter. The contrast of improvment on chain saws is quite amazing in speed and weight reduction:clap:

What you didn't see was the other guy with the 064->066 ported conversion killing my ported 288. His bar wasn't quite long enough so there was a couple of inches I'm finishing up.

Really that saw ran well. I had to get my extra special 394 out to keep up.

What you didn't see was the other guy with the 064->066 ported conversion killing my ported 288. His bar wasn't quite long enough so there was a couple of inches I'm finishing up.

Man, that 064/066 is a monster to keep a little ahead of a ported 394. Both great saws.

It looked like you were putting the finishing touches on killing that cookie:hmm3grin2orange:

Hopefully I don't duplicate some of these:msp_mellow:

Pizza at Mark's

attachment.php

No question that the 5 second rule would apply in Mark's shop. I bet if I could keep just one room in my house as neat as Mark's shop my wife would buy me another chainsaw. Heck on a good day my closet doesn't even look that neat. As usual I am touched with a little jealousy given my inability to maintain neatness and order. Ron

Thanks to everyone for all the video and still pics, it looks like a grand time was had by all! Right 'next door' to me too, hope I can make it to the next one!

Matter of necessity Ron, if I don't keep things in order, I could never find anything when I happen to spend time in the shop agan...

Mark

Looking for something is how I spend half my shop time. I am trying to improve a step at a time - as you know I got my saws out of the way now. I only have 10,000 more things to move and organize. Thanks for being an inspiration. Ron

Cleanest Shop in Iowa?

Looking for something is how I spend half my shop time. I am trying to improve a step at a time - as you know I got my saws out of the way now. I only have 10,000 more things to move and organize. Thanks for being an inspiration. Ron
The amazing thing about Mark's shop is that it houses three major hobbies: wood working, chain saw collecting and maintenance, and firewood collecting. However, by some miracle it displays no sawdust collection or for that matter, any kind of dust collection. :bang:.

The amazing thing about Mark's shop is that it houses three major hobbies: wood working, chain saw collecting and maintenance, and firewood collecting. However, by some miracle it displays no sawdust collection or for that matter, any kind of dust collection. :bang:.

That my friend, is just good ole hard work payin off, as I am sure you know. A man can do anything if he works hard enough.

my wife just cant see how running a chainsaw for fun could be so thrilling. even more so ,watching other guys run them ,a saw is a saw-right. they just dont understand! had a great time at mitches. cant wait til this spring when mike,ron and i have a gtg here.

I have decided that the fun at gtg's is 10% the saws and 90% the people that show up!! I want to thank all who helped and especially Mitch for a great day. I am really looking forward to the spring gtg and seeing all of you again..

New to this site has this already taken place ?

Thanks Scott

Welcome to AS Scott. Yes, the Iowa GTG waslast weekend I believe. Thye are however having another GTG in Maine this wekend if I'm not mistaken.

Back