Iowa Fall GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
White Chicken Chili Recipe

Ok gents, I got the lady to type up her recipe for the white chicken chili that I brought.

Ingredients:
4-6 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 tbls mince garlic
¼ cup chopped jalapeno peppers
2 cans chicken broth (approx.)
½ stick of butter
Salt/Pepper to taste
Chili Powder to taste
2 cans White Hominy
2 cans Great Northern Beans
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese

Garnish:
Cilantro
Sour Cream
Cheddar Cheese
Salsa

Instructions:

Boil chicken breasts until cooked (or, you can purchase 2 pre-cooked rotisserie chicken and use the both the white/dark meat). Chop or shred the cooked chicken. Turn on stove to medium heat. In a large pot, melt butter then add in chopped onion and garlic until lightly browned and fragrant, then add the jalapeno peppers. Add white hominy and great northern beans and mix together. Add 1 can of the chicken broth, s/p and chili powder and stir. Cook on medium to high heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally and adding additional chicken broth as needed. Then, add in chopped or shredded chicken, mix well, and cook for an additional hour on medium to low heat adding more chicken broth as needed.

Chili can be transferred to a crock pot to cook for additional time, or can remain on stove top until thoroughly cooked and white hominy and beans are both soft. Chili contents can also be stored in a refrigerator and then later transferred to a crock pot for reheating.

Before serving, ensure to chili is hot and mix in the mozzarella cheese. Cilantro can also be added before serving to add color, or can be offered on the side as a garnish/accompaniment.

*Please note that these are approximate instructions; quantities may vary based on equipment, personal taste preference, etc.

New to this site has this already taken place ?

Thanks Scott

Scott, Yes the fall gtg was last weekend. Homelite410 hosts the spring event near Bell Plaine and I host the fall one 30 miles west of Cedar Falls

Thanks MWEBA I live near CR, I'll have to put that on my calander for next year. Is it a two day event and what all is involved?

Thanks Scott

No it was just one day, but more saws than one man can handle.:msp_w00t: This was my first GTG and i can tell you that i am hooked. I for sure will be making it down to this spring. I have to say thanks again to every one for making this such a great time.

Hey Struggle if i get the muff mod done to the 2135T ill have to see if i can beat ya. Intrested to see if its true.

No it was just one day, but more saws than one man can handle.:msp_w00t: This was my first GTG and i can tell you that i am hooked. I for sure will be making it down to this spring. I have to say thanks again to every one for making this such a great time.

Hey Struggle if i get the muff mod done to the 2135T ill have to see if i can beat ya. Intrested to see if its true.

I will be pulling my muffler screen out, I keep reading about everybody doing that and getting gains from it:bringit:

I will be pulling my muffler screen out, I keep reading about everybody doing that and getting gains from it:bringit:

Don't pull the screen out... just make it bigger. That way you can have your performance but still be someone compliant with the fire safety regulations.

srcarr52

Big thank you for the recipe. I sure liked that chile. I wish that I would have had time to stay and enjoy more food, there was quite a spread. Please thank your significant other for her generosity with the recipe it's appreciated.

I'm pretty sure that the lure of a GTG is 10% saws, 50% people 50% food and 90% BSing.

JR

Don't pull the screen out... just make it bigger. That way you can have your performance but still be someone compliant with the fire safety regulations.

If the screen can be left in it will be. I read where most were just taking the whole piece out and from the looks of it thescreen was attached to it somehow. I am still not clear on how it even comes out. Bolts on the bottom of the case then does the muffler slide out?

REP TallGuy for this video of my 125 taking on the hackberry:rock:

[video=youtube;d2wQfBA55Zw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2wQfBA55Zw[/video]

And, somebody upstairs told me hackberry wasn't tough? Give me a break.

If money grew on hackberry trees...

Have you ever tried to split a piece of it? It is tough on a wood splitter when I last did some. Tough stuff:mad:

Looks damn fun Mitch! I only wish that out crew could have been there and vice versa. That 362XP you worked over for me was a hit here.

Thanks, Moss! That is good to hear. As you well know, its a lot of work but well worth it. Half way through your thread so far. Nice place my friend!

Have you ever tried to split a piece of it? It is tough on a wood splitter when I last did some. Tough stuff:mad:
Actually, hackberry splits easier than elm and like mulberry, you can split it green. Occasionally you will run into impossible crotch, but that's far less common than most elm. Elm varies in splitting difficulty from one variety to the next. Red elm is rather easy when it dries for a few months in the round, but some elm is impossible to split regardless of how long you let it dry, even along the straight lengths. Not sure what that variety is, but I save it for big bonfires.

Hackberry bark wears out gloves faster than any wood I have ever handled, although thorny black locust is a close second. It reminds me of a coarse rasp designed to destroy leather. Perhaps the deer use it as a back scratcher.

Actually, hackberry splits easier than elm and like mulberry, you can split it green. Occasionally you will run into impossible crotch, but that's far less common than most elm. Elm varies in splitting difficulty from one variety to the next. Red elm is rather easy when it dries for a few months in the round, but some elm is impossible to split regardless of how long you let it dry, even along the straight lengths. Not sure what that variety is, but I save it for big bonfires.

Hackberry bark wears out gloves faster than any wood I have ever handled, although thorny black locust is a close second. It reminds me of a coarse rasp designed to destroy leather. Perhaps the deer use it as a back scratcher.

Yes, they do, the BIL arrowed one last year near where he said there was fur tufts on the tree. Its one of two I know of on the property. Its along their trail for a reason, I guess, although deer are some of the laziest critters around. I doubt they would walk too far out of their way.

Latest posts

Back