Iowa GTG 2018

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We will try to have a big one
Might have to be cottonwood [emoji15]

Sent from Hoskvarna Hills
I might just have a big dead red elm I could haul up, if someone has a way to get it off the trailer. I can load it with the dozer if need be. The one I'm thinking is all of 4 foot, maybe closer to 5

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I might just have a big dead red elm I could haul up, if someone has a way to get it off the trailer. I can load it with the dozer if need be. The one I'm thinking is all of 4 foot, maybe closer to 5

Oh wow
We have tractor and loader.

Sent from Hoskvarna Hills

In that case, I would like some rotting pine cants that will make my saws look fast...

Mark
I cut one today with the 700. Made it look like a damn race saw lol. I think it took me less than 10 min to fall and buck a 40 foot tall dust dry pine. She limbed herself when she hit the ground lol

Just tried my new Stihl MS 661 today. It's ready, but it may not be ready for my vintage 064. We will never know unless somebody shows up there with enough grunt to start an 064 with high compression and no decomp on board. Can anyone handle that?

If you want some practice come on up to WI in the winter and pull start a cold 4-stroke atv. Had to do that a few times...

Just tried my new Stihl MS 661 today. It's ready, but it may not be ready for my vintage 064. We will never know unless somebody shows up there with enough grunt to start an 064 with high compression and no decomp on board. Can anyone handle that?
I'll try, don't know if I can or not but I'll try lol

If you want some practice come on up to WI in the winter and pull start a cold 4-stroke atv. Had to do that a few times...
Sounds like my log splitter's Honda knockoff that I've had trouble with all winter. It's a sun worshiper. Cold, damp weather locks it up like a turtle in hibernation. Give it 30 degrees F and some sunshine and it will fire right up. Now and then I fool it with a 12oo watt hair dryer for about 10 minutes.

Sounds like my log splitter's Honda knockoff that I've had trouble with all winter. It's a sun worshiper. Cold, damp weather locks it up like a turtle in hibernation. Give it 30 degrees F and some sunshine and it will fire right up. Now and then I fool it with a 12oo watt hair dryer for about 10 minutes.
I like to use the exhaust on my truck lol.

Back