Iowa Spring GTG II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looked like fun. I had to run machines all weekend two.

292952d1367254659-uploadfromtaptalk1367254666171-jpg

View attachment 292952

Sent from my XT881

hey matt,keaten is already asking when we can go to levi's house and play with saws and play.:D

keaten also bought 2 saws and ended up with 5:laugh:
i think hes got cad at 12 yrs old:msp_thumbup:

that coat that was left here i think is green rather than grey.

hey matt,keaten is already asking when we can go to levi's house and play with saws and play.:D

4 wheelers, saws, fishin', deer huntin'...
It don't get much better than that for a kid eh???
Pretty much those guys' way of life!!!

Just got back home a few minutes ago,I don't think the truck will get unloaded tonight. Checked the weather forcast,starting wed. temps 50's for a high and low 30's for a low. I should have thrown a jag of cookies on the truck as I'm almost out of wood. A man shoudn't have to be burning wood on the first of May.:msp_mad: Oh well it's called Life.

If the boy needs any parts let me know,I know a guy that has a few.:msp_smile:

Just got back home a few minutes ago,I don't think the truck will get unloaded tonight. Checked the weather forcast,starting wed. temps 50's for a high and low 30's for a low. I should have thrown a jag of cookies on the truck as I'm almost out of wood. A man shoudn't have to be burning wood on the first of May.:msp_mad: Oh well it's called Life.

Good to hear ya made it, Jim. We are supposed to be cooling down and getting rainy, as well. I think I know where we could have found some cookies and certainly loaded you up. Maybe with a bit of a load you would not have gotten pulled over for excessive speed.;)

Ron

As I understand it they are calling for some snow here for us.........again:msp_scared:

I spent five hours almost of straight cutting dropping trees at a farm for a customer and have more tomorrow and stump grinding and I feeling a little tired from the GTG as I have not recovered on sleep yet.

I did flush cut a very large stump today with the MS880:clap: I didn't disappoint

Glad you back Jim and hopefully no tickets on that last leg:taped: We will be in touch after I sort out the 265:msp_wink:

As I understand it they are calling for some snow here for us.........again:msp_scared:

I spent five hours almost of straight cutting dropping trees at a farm for a customer and have more tomorrow and stump grinding and I feeling a little tired from the GTG as I have not recovered on sleep yet.

I did flush cut a very large stump today with the MS880:clap: I didn't disappoint

Glad you back Jim and hopefully no tickets on that last leg:taped: We will be in touch after I sort out the 265:msp_wink:

talk about crazy weather..west of us,10 miles,,they had 3 inches of hail on the ground,,and cars in the ditch. it was all melted away by 3 o'!!!!!! only in iowa!!

as mark h,,and others have said,,thanks to all,who helped put this gtg on!!! great weather,good food,,and fun was had by all!! tho i didnt bring a lineup of beautiful ORANGE saws..maybe next time....

Ya ya pretty funny... Good times tho. Lots of good people lots of cool old new fast and slow saws, great hosts, awesome food. Pretty hard to beat that outhouse tho. THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED PUT THIS TOGETHER.... :thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 2

The first time I used the outhouse the urnal seemed quite high then I realized it was for hand washing----------no I did not pee in it! Great GTG!

Ray

Ok... nobody else did so I actually have to ask an honest question... What is a "JAG" of cookies equal? I'm sure it might be a common phrase but i've never heard it... so... A "JAG" equals?

1.) a couple
2.) a stack
3.) a pile
4.) a load
5.) other amount?

The first time I used the outhouse the urinal seemed quite high then I realized it was for hand washing----------no I did not pee in it!

After thinking about it I was actually glad mike didn't put a urinal in the out-house... I would assume mike would've re-purposed something like a lamp shade or the bottom 1/2 of a bucket. Where am I going with all this you ask??? well either of the above options probably would have guaranteed a significant amount of splatter or splash back... :msp_thumbdn:

Ok... nobody else did so I actually have to ask an honest question... What is a "JAG" of cookies equal? I'm sure it might be a common phrase but i've never heard it... so... A "JAG" equals?

1.) a couple
2.) a stack
3.) a pile
4.) a load
5.) other amount?
:msp_thumbdn:

Ok so to answer my own question I google "JAG" as a unit of measure and found this...

jag:
a traditional British name for a small load, especially a small load of hay. Never standardized, the jag represented roughly 20-25 bushels (0.7-1.0 cubic meters).

Learn something new every day! Thanks JIM!

Finally got a little time to get back on the site, Thanks Hoskeys for providing such a wonderful place for this event and all your hard work to prepare it. Also to the Iowa boys for getting all the wood and planning this event as well. I had a blast, ran quite a few saws and got to see tons of stuff to drool on. If I wasnt drooling from the saws it was the delicious pork, Mike Roush you know how to work a smoker. It always amazes me how nice everyone is at these events, Thanks to all that attended. And Jim you can bring that 2165 up north in jred country for fall races, poor dolmars would be shaking in their boots.:msp_sneaky:

Well i finally am able to take a breath and get on here. I wanted to thank everyone for coming and enjoying the fruits of our labor, I want to thank Mike and Adam and the fairfield crew for the meat and awesome cooking skills, I would like thank Sarah for her work with the shirts, Lumberjackchef and Hedgerow and all involved with the sign. Baileys, Tree stuff, Boyds and all others who donated door prizes we all thank you for the great stuff. Alex, Shaun, and my Fil for their help gathering logs. Pierce lumber, Vavra lumber and most important the whole Hoshey family for their support! I am short on time now but I promise that I will post up all the numbers from the races soon.

In attendance we had over 75 people from 6 states and well over 300 saws running and non. I don't think we set any records by any means but we sure had a good time.

Well i finally am able to take a breath and get on here. I wanted to thank everyone for coming and enjoying the fruits of our labor, I want to thank Mike and Adam and the fairfield crew for the meat and awesome cooking skills, I would like thank Sarah for her work with the shirts, Lumberjackchef and Hedgerow and all involved with the sign. Baileys, Tree stuff, Boyds and all others who donated door prizes we all thank you for the great stuff. Alex, Shaun, and my Fil for their help gathering logs. Pierce lumber, Vavra lumber and most important the whole Hoshey family for their support! I am short on time now but I promise that I will post up all the numbers from the races soon.

In attendance we had over 75 people from 6 states and well over 300 saws running and non. I don't think we set any records by any means but we sure had a good time.

Enjoy the sauce ! Sara told me on the way home I had to make more since I left that stuff up there. It was great pork and appreciate the time you put into all of the food.

Latest posts

Back