Iowa Spring GTG II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I say next spring we forget runnin saws..... Lets set up a big tent and have a chainsaw swapmeet and food festival!!:laugh::laugh:

i'm in... only bring what you want to trade/sell. That way we all know everything is up for trading/swapping!!!! :D

I gotta run a saw, where else am I going to?:laugh:

Glad I finally got to meet you... Levi's sorry for breaking yer saw...
I thought he was gonna have a break down when that starter rope poped...
Funny now, but sheer terror when it happened... He was so geeked about there being another green saw there to run...

Funny now, but sheer terror when it happened... He was so geeked about there being another green saw there to run...

How was that green saw?

That starter rope worked well-

Before it received the update. I think replacing it with a larger diameter rope may be necessary.

Wife said that he was coming back, probably broke it. I said I had been working for a hour on it already, a little longer wouldn't hurt too much. And we all survived. Great kid. I didn't even have to rewind the spring, as the rope caught after it retracted inside the housing. Took most of two minutes.

Tell him to box that 023 up, somebody claimed it. I'll even pay shipping.

How was that green saw?

I didn't get to run it, but Levi liked it... That slave driver Mike made me go run the saw for the chain builds... And I didn't even get to talk to Jeff at all!!!

OK... So I like messing with chains and it was voluntary....:monkey:

But Mike's still a slave driver!!!

:waaaht:

That starter rope worked well-

Before it received the update. I think replacing it with a larger diameter rope may be necessary.

Wife said that he was coming back, probably broke it. I said I had been working for a hour on it already, a little longer wouldn't hurt too much. And we all survived. Great kid. I didn't even have to rewind the spring, as the rope caught after it retracted inside the housing. Took most of two minutes.

Tell him to box that 023 up, somebody claimed it. I'll even pay shipping.

What... Are you saying that 023 was too fast to be stock??? Just big holes in the muffler... Levi did that on his own...
Chain is where it's at...
Did you see the pretty PS3 stihl on it???

What... Are you saying that 023 was too fast to be stock??? Just big holes in the muffler... Levi did that on his own...

No, I believe all that.
Yeah. Saw and chain, he can keep the bar. Even the muffler if he wants.
Hes young, and has time to build another. Or two.

I thought the Aussie style racing was a hoot...
Shaun may never let me run his saw again though...
:monkey:

As long as we split the winnings you can race it all you want.

That Aussie style was way more fun then just regular down cuts.

I think the smell made it faster. :laugh:

I think doug and I are going to work on bar and chain combos for our ported saws for the next races... Not to mention some bigger rims and making some actual race chain!

I think doug and I are going to work on bar and chain combos for our ported saws for the next races... Not to mention some bigger rims and making some actual race chain!

How about a decent chain for your frosty berry bar! :buttkick:

I think the smell made it faster. :laugh:

That was also part of Levi's patented Muffler mod... It's called quick steel... It was plugging a hole in the side that was melting the case... Damn, that stuff stinks when it gets hot!!!

Guess he got a little drill happy when him and Jake were "Modding" it...

That was also part of Levi's patented Muffler mod... It's called quick steel... It was plugging a hole in the side that was melting the case... Damn, that stuff stinks when it gets hot!!!

Guess he got a little drill happy when him and Jake were "Modding" it...

Well the good news is with that chain as fast as it was you didn't have to smell it very long.

Back