Iowa Spring GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didnt know whether to post this or not.
There was a homelite 360 sittin in the machine shed behind one of the combines that came up missin.

Anyway
Had a great time in spite of the weather. I say this every year, I am tryin to b a good host and dont get the time to make the rounds and visit or cut much.Ronaldo and I dont want anyone to b dissapointed !
Hopefully the weather will b better next year and not so hectic.
thank you all for your generosity and gracious comments.

I would also like to thank everybody putting this event on. My brother and I were kind of in disbelief about how many people get together to run chainsaws, it was quite a spectacle, thanks to all kind people who lets us run their saws. Especially the tree monkey stills and that badass Dolmar! Defiantly learned a lot and hoped to make it to more of them, thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://www.arboristsite.com/community/index.php?threads/260651/ join us again!

Yup that was gooey!! But it broke up the morning and we take care of our own.
2ef526875d629632c70a17c22315b8ee.jpg
0ad6edf9396d0915ca9851a395a05f5b.jpg
084a065f6a649462cdacba06f92f52bc.jpg

Didnt know whether to post this or not.
There was a homelite 360 sittin in the machine shed behind one of the combines that came up missin..

This would be really disappointing if someone picked off one of your saws. Not something I would have expected.

I came home with an extra saw but it was a Husqvarna 2100

You have a very good collection of mastermind saws. I enjoyed running them. Now i know what i am missing and need to get at least one.

Nice meeting and talking with you. I learned a lot over the weekend. I have a few to many saws I think :) I plan to sell one of my smaller MM saws soon. Might post it on the trading post in a few days, I didn't run or start it over the weekend.

...I am tryin to b a good host and dont get the time to make the rounds and visit or cut much.Ronaldo and I dont want anyone to b dissapointed !
Good host?? From what I saw anyone wantin' to be a great host should'a been takin' notes‼
It ain't no little thing feedin' and takin' care of that many hungry bellies... plus all the prepin' and other stuff.
I can't imagine anyone bein' disappointed at that event‼
You guys are friggin' awesome.

Good to hear the missin' saw turned up... It would'a been just so wrong if it walked away.

Chet, sorry to hear about the tire, but am glad it was one of the duals so you were able to make it home without having to mess with the muddy truck/tires.

As Vic said, the rain did slow down the outside events some, but did not prevent folks from having a great time.

Mike thanks again for taking us by Virgil's saw mill.

To be honest with ya, on the way there Friday, I was a little leery,, I kept thinking to myself, this is nuts, I dont know anyone, at this GTG, never met a single one of these guys before, dont know any of them from Adam.

Hopefully, you actually met Adam!!! [emoji12]

So glad you made the trip!! Andy & I had a similar experience for our 1st gtg... 10+ hours to some random place in Arkansas... After we got comfortable with the banjo music, we had a blast!!!
Ain't regretted it a day yet. These are fine folks!

Next time I'm gonna' need to make a list of people I wanna' make sure to shake hands with. I had a lot of guys pointed out to me in the shed but it was a bit tight in there with the big turn-out. B'sides, my hearing is really bad when there's so many voices at the same time. Then, when it did stop rainin' everyone hit the saws pretty hard makin' up for lost time. You were one of those guys I wanted to shake hands with Ronaldo... heck, for all I know I was standin' right next to you at some point... maybe even had a couple words with ya'.

Of course, it was an all-new experience for me... just takin' it all in was time consuming in it's own way.
If the weather would'a been dryer, less windy, not so cool, and everyone could'a hit the saws earlier in the day, I guessin' there would'a been more time for hand shakin' 'n' dirt clod kickin' up on the hill.

Anyway, there's always next time...
Talk at the top of the hill? I tried that and I am still working on recovering my voice after my failed attempt of trying to be heard over AWOL's saws..... LOL

Latest posts

Back