Iron and Oak Log Stripper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A. Stanton

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Finally installed the log stripper on my new Iron & Oak splitter. I wish they came this way from the factory. Local rental store rents without the stripper and makes people pay for the busted nipple if they retract with a log on the wedge.

Nipple for the control handle. If you not quick enough to stop the wedge coming back, a lodged log will bust the nipple.

use mine in the vert position mainly so I can just raise the stuck log off the ground a little and smack it downwards with a hammer though I can see how a proper mess can be made if you let it hit the nipple.
I have the same splitter ( in fact I'm splitting today), my controls allow me to stop mid stroke. Yours?

Sounds like bad engineering, allowing the splitter to break a piece off of itself while using it reasonably, imo.
i mean imagine renting a car where you might turn the steering wheel too much and the tire would squash an oil line or something. But you could rent a "Wheel Stopper" for extra cash....
:jester::jester::jester:

SA

Sounds like bad engineering, allowing the splitter to break a piece off of itself while using it reasonably, imo.
i mean imagine renting a car where you might turn the steering wheel too much and the tire would squash an oil line or something. But you could rent a "Wheel Stopper" for extra cash....
:jester::jester::jester:

SA

:agree2:

While I agree the I&O is a good machine, I think this business of selling it without the stripper is garbage.

<object width="960" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EIL-1fkkmig&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EIL-1fkkmig&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="960" height="745"></embed></object>this Was filmed in my town :cheers:

Back