Is an Echo chainsaw warranty any good ? have you ever had a successful claim ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treedropper

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
It says five years , but if they don't cover anything that don't mean much.
Just curious if the warranty is any good . Your experience ???

I was talking to the local Echo dealer and he said they (Echo) won't cover anything fuel related or that they think is fuel related. He then when on to bemoan the fact that most chainsaw problems these days are related to alcohol fuel and that the addition of ethanol to the fuel in the Atlanta area has been a boon in business for them. They also work on other ope such as lawn mowers, etc.

Note: I do not currently have any Echos and I have never had or attempted to have any warranty work done by any saw manufacturer. Just passing along what they told me.

i have owned and run many echos and never had a problem with them now as far as the warranty goes and friend of mine is an echo tech,, if you want to call him that,, a lot of you know what i mean,, any who he told me that echo tells him to find any reason NOT to warrenty a saw,, to me a warranty is useless since the first thing i do is a MM and pull the limiters

i have owned and run many echos and never had a problem with them now as far as the warranty goes and friend of mine is an echo tech,, if you want to call him that,, a lot of you know what i mean,, any who he told me that echo tells him to find any reason NOT to warrenty a saw,, to me a warranty is useless since the first thing i do is a MM and pull the limiters

Exactly how I feel. I can't imagine letting someone else under the top cover on my saw!

I run the wheels off my Echo saw, trimmer, and blower. All have been 100% reliable except for a broken oiler adjustment screw on the saw. My dealer replaced it with no hesitation while I waited.

That being said, others have related some bad experiences with their warranty issues.

Hopefully you get your answer before the anti-Echo league arrives.

My brother runs echo chainsaws. He's never had to use the warranty. I use. A echo weed eater, never had to use the warranty either. Good quality equipment, at a decent price.

Depends on the dealer, but honestly, you SHOULD be voiding your warranty on the current crop of Echo saws the minute you buy them - they're tuned/set-up too lean for their own good. Once you do that, they should run fine for a long, long time. Echo makes good quality stuff, even if they aren't always on top of the heap in terms of power-to-weight for a given CC engine size.

No experience with the warranty but Echo has a durable reputation. As said already just because they lack in power to weight they generally make up for in quality. If I were forced to buy from a box store no doubt I'd consider them before any others, for the reason if tuned properly they'll run when you need'm. That being said I doubt theres a need for 5 years. It's a selling point

Thanks for all the responses,this forum really cuts it down nicely.

Since they SHOULD be modded,I have another thread on modding a cs680 any walk through on a MM with pictures around here ?

Thanks for all the responses,this forum really cuts it down nicely.

Since they SHOULD be modded,I have another thread on modding a cs680 any walk through on a MM with pictures around here ?

Search muff mods,muffler mods,mods and spend DAYS reading.

The search thingamuhooch top right is our magic 8 ball. If there's nothing there for you come back I can help.

Depends on the dealer, but honestly, you SHOULD be voiding your warranty on the current crop of Echo saws the minute you buy them - they're tuned/set-up too lean for their own good. Once you do that, they should run fine for a long, long time. Echo makes good quality stuff, even if they aren't always on top of the heap in terms of power-to-weight for a given CC engine size.

What he said. Too lean outta the box, restricted mufflers. Besides that built well, start good, run good with normal maintenance.

Well, it's kind of a given when you've been around the industry for a while: The longer the warranty, the less likely you are to get claims approved. (look what's been happening with Efco) Echos are no more likely to run 3 more years without problems than any other brand. And there is obviously a cost associated with paying for warranty repairs for an extra three years, so generosity is going to be limited.

A long warranty is a marketing tool to capture some business from people who are not brand loyal to something else, and obviously to folks who are inclined put warranties high on the priorty list when shopping. Market leaders seldom do this, while those looking to cature market share will offer it. But regardless of the length, all warranties cover "defects in materials or workmanship". A warantiable defect will usually not even take one or two years, let alone 5, to show up.

The type of buyer who might be able to benefit from this might be the guy who hardly ever runs his saw. For that type of user, it might take a long time for a legitimate defect to show up. But of course, a saw that hardly gets used is the one that's more likely to have a fuel problem, which is of course not a warranty issue.

Right, no worry about a warrenty here, keep them tuned and good fuel and 99% + you'll never need a warrenty. If a saw burns up because of bad fuel no manufactor will warrenty it, I do think sometimes Echo blames bad fuel on saws that are just set too lean out of the factory. As mentioned above a good dealer will set the saws right . Steve

Right, no worry about a warrenty here, keep them tuned and good fuel and 99% + you'll never need a warrenty. If a saw burns up because of bad fuel no manufactor will warrenty it, I do think sometimes Echo blames bad fuel on saws that are just set too lean out of the factory. As mentioned above a good dealer will set the saws right . Steve
The cs352 runs good, cuts good but the Chain Catcher on mine snapped right off the clutch cover. My dealer said, well it's a cheap Homeowner saw and not covered by warranty. I was told that ALL Echo saws are professional grade and Echo don't make cheap Homeowner saws. My dealer said, not covered by warranty but they will order a new assembly and I pay for it. A lot of lower price saws including Sthil are moulding a chain catch right onto the clutch cover. You should see how thinly connected the plastic attachement to mine was. It looks as if it's designed to break off if a chain ever jumps. I'd appreciate a cheap replacement. That plastic clutch cover shouldn't cost more than a couple of bucks. If they break that easily and were only 3 or 4 bucks each I'd buy 3 or 4 and keep them on hand. A small plastic part should be cheap to make. I saw one sold only as a complete assembly on Amazon, or ? For like 35 bucks. Which is crazy expensive. I'll Google that more later. China could make a killing making after market plastic parts for these things. My guess is I'm not the only one who has experienced this problem. Good day.

Don't you have any paperwork from when you purchased the saw? What did it say regarding warranty?
They didn't even want to see my paper work. The guy looked at the saw and said, they won't cover that on the Warranty. He did offer to order the new part and let ME BUY it. Kinda makes me think twice about buying Echo. I have bought 4 saws from that company since 2015. This is my first and only problem. If Josh was still working there he would have taken care of it. I wrote a good 5 star on this business in the past when I get time I'm going to change that. You can Google that company. It's a Hardware Store in Bossier City Louisiana. Not sure if I can give the name but you can figure it out. I saw negative reviews from others about negative reviews and since Josh always treated me well I ignored them. Now, I'm realizing that door swings both ways. Hit me in the back. I may contact the owner and see what he has to say. The guys that work there may change their minds. Sadly its quite a drive so I can't just face to face chat. I've always liked Mr. Tubbs and maybe I'll check with him before I make up my mind. However his employees told me it's Echo that won't give me a new part. They also sell Sthil and I buy parts there. It may be the new employee that doesn't know who I am and how much business I've done there. Josh always cut me some super deals. Danged sure miss that guy. If he still worked there we'd not be having this chat. Good day.

Latest posts

Back