Is an Echo chainsaw warranty any good ? have you ever had a successful claim ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad my cs400 has a metal chain catcher instead of the one like yours, and it had caught the chain once cause I was cutting brush, other than that one time, haven't done it again. I use loopers to cut back brush now.

Steve

I'm glad my cs400 has a metal chain catcher instead of the one like yours, and it had caught the chain once cause I was cutting brush, other than that one time, haven't done it again. I use loopers to cut back brush now.

Steve

Steve
I wonder what would happen if a few thousand people signed a Petition saying we EXPECT a metal chain catcher on the lower end saws?
(Grin) Like I said, I expect better than ****.

Wonder if a metal one could be installed?

Steve
They said the Attachment point available has way to thin plastic. Everyone that has flipped the saw upside down has had that Jaw Drop expression. It's clearly a train wreck down there. Very Very flimsy design. You gotta see it to believe it. Kinda like that lady, well, you know, the one with 4 baby bottles on her chest, yes that type of FREAKING UNBELIEVABLE design.

File a consumer unsafe product report. You are one person so the distributors don't give a rat's backside about you. But if they get a 'please explain' from a relevant safety organisation, they are probably going to pay it more attention.

Can't believe $45 for a cover with chain catcher, kind of high. Less that $2.00 for a metal catcher. Poor design is my opinion. Wonder in a metal one could be installed on the cover?

Steve

Here's what mine looks like.
146c327cc7f6ced85025e4e501f1e0e5.jpg

Steve

Here's what mine looks like.
146c327cc7f6ced85025e4e501f1e0e5.jpg

Steve
Did that come off of an Echo cs352/ cs310?

Mine on the very old Poulan looks like yours.
All my OLD saws have metal.

When I get time I'm thinking about a user rating system.
The DBIR means Dont Buy It Ratings.
Say between 1-10 for different Saws.
DBIR, Ratings.
Example :
DBIR - Echo cs590 =O
Echo cs 352=7
Saw X (?) =10
The 0 means NO Problem Reported.

The 7 means. A big problem with the plastic chain catch but still something good about the saw. Buy the saw knowing you've been told and expect the problem.

The X saw 10 rating, means, nothing but trouble with this crappy saw.

Even then some people may think the numbers are off but at least the manufactuer can see how well his product is being reviewed by the actual user.

For a 400 but fit others also.

Steve
My dealer said it will not work on cs352. Thin plastic in the place where it would be attached. Then we would have a bigger problem.
This model cs310/ cs352 is simply designed weak in that area. Only fix, buy another cheap crappy replacement every time it snaps due to being UNDER built for the job.

Still wonder if this type of catcher could be mounted on your clutch cover.

Steve
Shop guy said no. Plastic to thin. Please find a cs 352 or cs310 and take a look. Shop told me what would happen is next time a chain jumps is a good chance the entire clutch cover would tip apart.
Echo needs to redesign a better stronger clutch cover and have a Recall.
I already have a new clutch cover ordered.
We the Customer will get what we are will to pay for.
When we refuse to buy poor quality of then and only then will the manufactuer build better quality. We have the power of our quaility Control by how we spend our money. Have a great day.

Back