Is Chainsaw Flipping Season Over?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freudianfloyd

Clinically Diagnosed with CAD
Reaction score
It seems to me that at the beginning of winter, it was easy to sell chainsaws. Now I'm guessing since firewood season is over, at least in my area, that saws aren't hot items right now? I had no problem selling saws a few months ago, and now have some of the same saws listed for half as much and don't seem to get any action on them.

I haven't been dealing in saws very long, so I am just making assumptions. Maybe I got lucky selling the last ones I had and the ones currently for sale are just not in demand?

The late fall and winter is when I like to rebuild saws and sell them. Rainy and cold days in the shop tinkering with saws with a pot of hot coffee brewing, then as spring arrives garden planting,grass mowing and cleaning up; the time spent indoors and on forums diminishes.

Yea I do see seasons of saw sales, they really pick up around here in the early fall when folks want to cut firewood. I've seen a recent drop though in the last 6 months around my area and it's due to the poor economy. Lots of companys shutting down, layoffs and that sort.

Yea I do see seasons of saw sales, they really pick up around here in the early fall when folks want to cut firewood. I've seen a recent drop though in the last 6 months around my area and it's due to the poor economy. Lots of companys shutting down, layoffs and that sort.
If it ain't selling season , then it must be buying time at a discount. Load up now for the fall run.:dancing:

Where are you at? Poor economy?

Latest posts

Back