Is it worth it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnMaddux541

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My local Coastal has at least one new 372 still at the store and I’ve been thinking of purchasing it. There are none left at my favorite saw shop. My idea was to just buy and put it away but I’m not so sure it will be worth it. Will keeping a saw in box really make any money or will I wait ten years to make $100 or lose money. Thanks for your time

My local Coastal has at least one new 372 still at the store and I’ve been thinking of purchasing it. There are none left at my favorite saw shop. My idea was to just buy and put it away but I’m not so sure it will be worth it. Will keeping a saw in box really make any money or will I wait ten years to make $100 or lose money. Thanks for your time
Totally depends on initial cost of saw.

Totally depends on initial cost of saw.
$930 I believe. I’m just worried at that price the value won’t go up for a long time plus I just saw in the trading post that’s never been fueled but out of the box for 700

$930 I believe. I’m just worried at that price the value won’t go up for a long time plus I just saw in the trading post that’s never been fueled but out of the box for 700
If you’re concerned about it’s value going up, you probably ought to be looking at actual investments. Just get the best price you can for the saw you want and don’t worry about long term financial gain or loss. With most products, you’re almost guaranteed to lose money when you go to sell.

Honestly holding even on your money is probably the best scenario. Granted a few saws like 346 and a couple of the 2 series would probably fetch more than new $$ if someone had one.

372 is an all time great saw but with there being so many of them as well as the 365 and red counterparts they probably won’t increase in value.

Back